Baby Jogger builds the Summit X3 with high performance details yet comfortable seating so your stroller seamlessly transitions from running errands to going for a run with your child. A limited edition collaboration with Robin Arzón, the Summit X3 in City Royalty includes luxurious detailing with black, gold, and leatherette accents.
The Thule Urban Glide 2 is lightweight and sleek without sacrificing functionality. It can be paired with a wide range of infant car seat brands and has convenient features designed to support parents no matter where your day takes you, and comes in a range of fabric and frame colors.
BABY JOGGER SUMMIT X3 VS. THULE URBAN GLIDE 2 PRICE
The Baby Jogger Summit X3 is available at two price points, depending on the color you select: Black and Grey for $499, and City Royalty by Robin Arzón in Black and Gold for $549.
The Urban Glide 2 also has two price points: $649 for colors with a silver frame, and $699 for colors with a black frame.
When comparing both the lowest and highest price points available for each model, the Urban Glide 2 is $150 more than the Summit X3.
- Summit X3: $499 for Black and Grey; $549 for City Royalty by Robin Arzón Black and Gold
- Urban Glide: $649 for Majolica Blue and Dark Shadow; $699 for Cypress Green, Black on Black, Grey Melange
BABY JOGGER SUMMIT X3 VS. THULE URBAN GLIDE 2 DIMENSIONS
Both strollers are approximately the same size when in use or folded. The exact stroller length and height will vary depending on whether the front wheel is locked or swiveling and what handlebar height you select (Urban Glide 2 only).
- Summit X3: 39"L x 25.79"W x 41.73"H
- Urban Glide: 41.1"L x 27.2"W x 40"H
- Summit X3: 34.5"L x 25.79"W x 15"H
- Urban Glide: 34.2"L x 27.2"W x 13.3"H
- Summit X3: 16" rear tires, 12" front tire
- Urban Glide: 16" rear tires, 12" front tire
BABY JOGGER SUMMIT X3 VS. THULE URBAN GLIDE 2 WEIGHT
- Summit X3: 28.44 pounds
Thule Urban Glide 2: 25.3 pounds
- Summit X3: 75 pounds
- Urban Glide 2: 50 pounds
BABY JOGGER SUMMIT X3 VS. THULE URBAN GLIDE 2 CONFIGURATIONS
With the Thule Urban Glide 2 Bassinet, the Urban Glide 2 can be used from day one without use of an infant car seat, or with adapters a wide range of diverse infant car seat brands are compatible using the Urban Glide 2 Universal Car Seat Adapter.
Baby Jogger does not make a bassinet that fits the Summit X3, so to use the Summit X3 from birth you will need to have one of the four compatible infant car seat brands and purchase the corresponding adapter.
When attaching the bassinet or a car seat to the stroller frames, you can leave the seat fabrics on or remove the fabrics to reduce some of the stroller weight at this stage.
The included stroller seats on both the Summit X3 and Urban Glide 2 can be used from around 6 months old and up, depending on when your child's head and neck control develops to support an upright seating position.
Please consult with your physician to determine when at what age you can begin using either stroller for jogging.
Neither stroller can convert to a double, however Thule makes an Urban Glide 2 Double stroller model.
BABY JOGGER SUMMIT X3 VS. THULE URBAN GLIDE 2 WHEELS AND MANEUVERABILITY
A lockable front wheel can swivel for everyday use or lock in a forward position for easier handling when you’re jogging or on bumpy surfaces such as sand or cobblestone.
Both the Urban Glide 2 and the Summit X3 offer two settings for the front wheel, locked for jogging or swivel for walking.
Unique to the Summit X3, the front wheel can be locked or unlocked to swivel remotely with a lever that's close to the handlebar and accessible while you're pushing the stroller. Like most other strollers, the Urban Glide 2 swivel wheel adjusts manually at the front of the stroller.
Both strollers have a parking brake that you lock and release with your foot, plus a hand brake right at the handlebar that helps gradually slow down while you’re in motion and may be helpful to have on steep inclines.
FOLDING BABY JOGGER SUMMIT X3 VS. THULE URBAN GLIDE 2
To fold the Baby Jogger Summit X3, simply lift up on the fold handle located in the middle of the stroller seat and the stroller frame will collapse. The fold handle can double as a carry handle for short distances.
To fold the Thule Urban Glide 2, lift the footrest up to locate the folding mechanism. Following the numbered steps, first move the bar to the side, then rotate to fold. A lock at the side secures the frame. If you need a more compact fold for travel, the rear wheels are quick to remove with release buttons at the sides.
BABY JOGGER SUMMIT X3 VS. THULE URBAN GLIDE 2 COLORS AND MATERIALS
Baby Jogger builds the Summit X3 with a large UV50+ canopy that provides protection from the sun without restricting air flow on hot days. Side air vents keep your child cool and peekaboo windows help you keep an eye on your child while you're on the go.
The Thule Urban Glide 2 has an extendable sun canopy with ventilation in the extension. Keep your essentials clean with the storage basket cover, and your child stays safe and comfortable with breathable harness padding on the stroller seat.
The Baby Jogger Summit X3 comes in two colors:
- Black and Gray
- City Royalty by Robin Arzón
The Thule Urban Glide 2 comes in five colors:
- Black on Black with black frame
- Grey Melange with black frame
- Majolica Blue with silver frame
- Cypress Green with black frame
- Dark Shadow with silver frame
CAR SEATS COMPATIBLE WITH BABY JOGGER SUMMIT X3 VS. THULE URBAN GLIDE 2
Baby Jogger makes two styles of adapters for the Summit X3 to attach either a model from the Baby Jogger City GO series or select car seat models from three other brands.
While Thule does not manufacture their own infant car seat, with the purchase of adapters, you can use car seats from a wide selection of top brands.
Car Seats Compatible with Baby Jogger Summit X3
To attach a Baby Jogger or Graco infant car seat to the Summit X3, you will need adapter model 1971511, approved for the following car seat models:
- Baby Jogger City GO, City GO 2, City GO Air
- Graco SnugRide Click Connect 30, SnugRide Click Connect 35, SnugRide Click Connect 35 LX
To attach a Chicco or Peg-Perego infant car seat to the Summit X3, you will need adapter model 1967207, approved for the following car seat models:
- Peg-Perego Primo Viaggio 4-35
- Chicco Keyfit 30
Car Seats Compatible with Thule Urban Glide 2
To attach a Nuna, Maxi-Cosi, Clek, or Cybex infant car seat to the Urban Glide 2, you will need this adapter, approved for use with the following car seat models:
- Clek Liing, Liingo
- Cybex Aton, Aton 2, Aton, Aton M, Cloud Q
- Maxi-Cosi Mico 30, Mico Max 30, Mico Max Plus
- Nuna PIPA, PIPA RX, PIPA Lite, PIPA Lite R, PIPA Lite LX, PIPA Lite RX
To attach a Chicco infant car seat to the Urban Glide 2, you will need this adapter, approved for use with the following car seat models:
- Chicco Fit 2, Fit 2 Air, KeyFit, KeyFit 30, Keyfit 30 Zip, Keyfit 30 Zip Air
With the Thule Urban Glide 2 Universal Car Seat Adapter, you can attach a wide range of car seat brands, with the following models approved for use with this adapter:
- BOB Unity
- Britax Affinity Unity, B-Safe, B-Safe 35, B-Safe 35 Elite, Chaperone, Unity
- Chicco KeyFit, KeyFit 30, KeyFit Plus
- Combi Shuttle 33
- Evenflo Discovery 5
- Graco SafeSeat, SnugRide, SnugRide Click Connect, SnugRide Click Connect 30, SnugRide Click Connect 35, SnugRide Click Connect LX 35, SnugRide Click Connect 40
- Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix, Citi, Pebble
- Nuna Pipa
- Peg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP 30/30, Primo Viaggio 4-35
- Safety 1st Comfy Carry Elite, onBoard, onBoard Air
- Safe-n-Sound Unity, Unity Neos
- UPPAbaby MESA
Baby Jogger Summit X3 vs. Thule Urban Glide Pros and Cons
Baby Jogger Summit X3
- Higher weight capacity supports your child longer
- Stands when folded for easier storage and lifting and includes carry handle
- Costs $150 less than Urban Glide
- Remotely lock and unlock front swivel wheel
- Does not have a covered storage basket
- Compatible with fewer infant car seat brands
- Not compatible with a bassinet
- Handlebar is not height adjustable
Thule Urban Glide 2
- Covered storage basket keeps belongings secure while running
- Compatible with wider range of infant car seats
- Quick-release wheels are easier to remove for storage
- Compatible with a newborn bassinet
- Adjustable handlebar height
- Costs $150 more than Summit
- Toddler seat supports 15 pounds less
- Does not stand when folded
- Front swivel wheel must be manually locked and unlocked
Strolleria is an authorized retailer of Baby Jogger and Thule strollers dedicated to making the baby gear buying experience less overwhelming for parents.
If you have more questions about the Thule Urban Glide 2 vs. Baby Jogger Summit X3 debate, feel free to contact us by starting a live chat, calling 480-442-9433 or e-mailing email@example.com.
Shop jogging strollers below!