Bumbleride has built the Speed to be durable and functional while minimizing environmental impacts from manufacturing for a stroller that is free of harmful chemicals and uses recycled materials from fabrics to frame. For active parents, it is highly adjustable and built for performance.
The Thule Urban Glide 2 is lightweight and sleek without sacrificing functionality. It is compatible with a wide range of infant car seat brands and has convenient features designed to support parents no matter where your day takes you.
Let’s compare the Speed and the Urban Glide 2.
BUMBLERIDE SPEED VS. THULE URBAN GLIDE 2 VIDEO
For a visual comparison between the Bumbleride Speed and Thule Urban Glide 2, our video Bumbleride Speed vs. Thule Urban Glide 2 Jogging Stroller Comparison details similarities and differences between the maneuverability, features, pricing, and more.
BUMBLERIDE SPEED VS. THULE URBAN GLIDE 2 PRICE
The Bumbleride Speed is available at two price points, depending on the color you select: Maritime Blue is $609, and all other colors are $629.
The Urban Glide 2 also has two price points: $649 for colors with a silver frame, and $699 for colors with a black frame.
When comparing the highest price points, the Urban Glide 2 is $70 more than the Bumbleride Speed.
- Speed: $609 for Maritime Blue; $629 for Olive Green, Matte Black, Ironman
- Urban Glide: $649 for Majolica Blue and Dark Shadow; $699 for Cypress Green, Black on Black, Grey Melange
BUMBLERIDE SPEED VS. THULE URBAN GLIDE 2 DIMENSIONS
Both strollers are approximately the same size when in use or folded. The exact stroller length and height will vary depending on what setting you need for the handlebar and whether the front wheel is locked or swiveling.
With a deeper seat and leg rest, the Speed provides a bit more space for a growing toddler.
- Speed: 39"L x 25"W x 35-46"H
- Urban Glide: 41.1"L x 27.2"W x 40"H
- Speed: 33"L x 25"W x 15.5"H
- Urban Glide: 34.2"L x 27.2"W x 13.3"H
Seat Height, Depth and Width
- Speed: 22"H x 9"D x 12"W
- Urban Glide: 21.5"H x 8"D x 12"W
- Speed: 13"L x 13"W
- Urban Glide: 9.5"L x 9.5"W
BUMBLERIDE SPEED VS. THULE URBAN GLIDE 2 WEIGHT
- Speed: 26 pounds
Thule Urban Glide 2: 25.3 pounds
- Speed: 65 pounds
- Urban Glide 2: 50 pounds
BUMBLERIDE SPEED VS. THULE URBAN GLIDE 2 CONFIGURATIONS
You can use either stroller from birth by attaching a car seat or a bassinet, sold separately. When attaching the bassinet or a car seat to the frame, you can leave the seat fabrics on or remove the fabrics to reduce some of the stroller weight at this stage.
Once your infant has outgrown the bassinet stage or their infant car seat, the included stroller seats for both the Speed and Urban Glide 2 are designed for use from six months old and up. While you can use jogging strollers from birth at a walking speed, please contact your physician to determine at what age you can later start using the stroller for jogging.
Forward-facing stroller seats are built into the frame to create an aerodynamic design, and provide the option to recline to several adjustable settings when your toddler wants to rest.
BUMBLERIDE SPEED VS. THULE URBAN GLIDE 2 WHEELS AND MANEUVERABILITY
A lockable front wheel can swivel for everyday use or lock in a forward position for easier handling when you’re jogging or on surfaces like sand.
The Urban Glide 2 offers two settings for the front wheel, locked or swivel, while the Speed offers three settings for the front wheel: locked, partial swivel, or 360-degree swivel.
While both strollers have a parking brake that you lock and release with your foot, the Urban Glide has a unique handlebar brake that helps gradually slow down while you’re in motion and may be helpful to have on steep inclines.
A unique feature of the Speed is an included bell at the handlebar, which may be helpful to have when navigating busy streets and trails.
FOLDING BUMBLERIDE SPEED VS. THULE URBAN GLIDE 2
Despite having larger tires and sturdy frames needed for jogging, each model is designed to fold as compactly as possible should you need to travel with your Speed or Urban Glide 2 or simply stow in your vehicle for errands.
The Bumbleride Speed has the advantage of standing when folded for easier lifting and storage, while the Thule Urban Glide folds with one hand if you're carrying your child with the other.
To fold the Bumbleride Speed, first lower the bumper bar, then near the handlebar, press the grey fold levers and fold the stroller handle forward towards the front wheel. The Speed will automatically lock and can stand upright once folded for easy storage. A built-in carry handle helps with carrying for short distances or lifting the stroller into your trunk.
To fold the Thule Urban Glide 2, lift the footrest up to locate the folding mechanism. Following the numbered steps, first move the bar to the side, then rotate to fold. A lock at the side secures the frame. If you need a more compact fold for travel, the rear wheels have a quick-release button at the sides.
BUMBLERIDE SPEED VS. THULE URBAN GLIDE 2 COLORS AND MATERIALS
Bumbleride’s focus on sustainability is apparent in the materials and manufacturing processes used for the Speed.
Eco-friendly, water repellant, and machine-washable fabrics are made using recycled water bottles and are OEKO-TEX certified, while 25% of the plastic frame components in the Speed are sourced from recycled ocean plastics.
The fabrics on the Speed are water-repellant without the use of chemicals, as well as machine-washable.
The Thule Urban Glide 2 features a covered storage basket for added protection off-road, a hand brake integrated into the comfortable foam grip handlebar, and breathable harness padding for your child’s comfort.
The Bumbleride Speed comes in four colors:
- Olive Green with black frame
- Maritime Blue with silver frame
- Matte Black with black frame
- Ironman by Bumbleride grey with blue accent and silver frame
The Thule Urban Glide 2 comes in five colors:
- Black on Black with black frame
- Grey Melange with black frame
- Majolica Blue with silver frame
- Cypress Green with black frame
- Dark Shadow with silver frame
CAR SEATS COMPATIBLE WITH BUMBLERIDE SPEED VS. THULE URBAN GLIDE 2
Neither Bumbleride nor Thule manufactures car seats, but with the purchase of adapters, you can use car seats from several top brands on either stroller.
Car Seats Compatible with Bumbleride Speed
To attach a Nuna, Maxi-Cosi, Cybex, or Clek infant car seat to the Speed, you will need this adapter, approved for the following car seat models:
- Clek Liing, Clek Liingo
- Nuna PIPA, PIPA RX, PIPA Lite, Pipa Lite R, PIPA Lite LX, PIPA Lite RX
- Maxi Cosi Mico Max Plus, Maxi Cosi Mico Max 30, Maxi Cosi Mico 30, Maxi Cosi Mico AP
- Cybex Aton Q, Cybex Aton 2 or Cybex Aton
To attach a Chicco or Graco infant car seat to the Speed, you will need this adapter, approved for the following car seat models:
- Graco SnugRide 35 Lite, SnugRide 35 Lite LX, SnugRide SnugLock Extend2Fit 35, Click Connect Snugride 30 or 35
- Chicco Fit2, Keyfit 35 and Keyfit 30
To attach a Peg-Perego infant car seat to the Speed, you will need this adapter, approved for the following car seat models:
- Peg-Perego Primo Viaggio 4-35, 4-35 Nido, Agio 4-35 Nido
Car Seats Compatible with Thule Urban Glide 2
To attach a Nuna, Maxi-Cosi, Clek, or Cybex infant car seat to the Urban Glide 2, you will need this adapter, approved for use with the following car seat models:
- Clek Liing, Liingo
- Cybex Aton, Aton 2, Aton, Aton M, Cloud Q
- Maxi-Cosi Mico 30, Mico Max 30, Mico Max Plus
- Nuna PIPA, PIPA RX, PIPA Lite, PIPA Lite R, PIPA Lite LX, PIPA Lite RX
To attach a Chicco infant car seat to the Urban Glide 2, you will need this adapter, approved for use with the following car seat models:
- Chicco Fit 2, Fit 2 Air, KeyFit, KeyFit 30, Keyfit 30 Zip, Keyfit 30 Zip Air
With the Thule Urban Glide 2 Universal Car Seat Adapter, you can attach a wide range of car seat brands, with the following models approved for use with this adapter:
- BOB Unity
- Britax Affinity Unity, B-Safe, B-Safe 35, B-Safe 35 Elite, Chaperone, Unity
- Chicco KeyFit, KeyFit 30, KeyFit Plus
- Combi Shuttle 33
- Evenflo Discovery 5
- Graco SafeSeat, SnugRide, SnugRide Click Connect, SnugRide Click Connect 30, SnugRide Click Connect 35, SnugRide Click Connect LX 35, SnugRide Click Connect 40
- Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix, Citi, Pebble
- Nuna Pipa
- Peg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP 30/30, Primo Viaggio 4-35
- Safety 1st Comfy Carry Elite, onBoard, onBoard Air
- Safe-n-Sound Unity, Unity Neos
- UPPAbaby MESA
Bumbleride Speed vs. Thule Urban Glide Pros and Cons
- Front wheel has third partial swivel option (in addition to full swivel and fixed wheel) to customize performance on your run
- Seat is roomier for a growing child
- Made with recycled materials and sustainable manufacturing processes
- Fabrics are water-repellant and machine-washable
- Stands when folded for easier storage and lifting and includes carry handle
- Includes handlebar bell for navigating busy areas
- Costs at least $40 less than Urban Glide
- Has a higher weight capacity than Urban Glide
- Does not have hand brake like Urban Glide
- Does not have covered basket like Urban Glide
Thule Urban Glide 2
- Hand brake offers adjustable performance when running or going downhill
- Covered storage basket keeps belongings secure while running
- Compatible with wider range of infant car seats
- Compared with Speed, quick-release wheels are easier to remove for storage
- Folds using one hand
- Does not have third wheel setting for partial swivel when running like Speed
- Costs at least $40 more than Speed
- Has a lower weight capacity and smaller seat than Speed
- Does not stand when folded
Strolleria is an authorized retailer of Bumbleride and Thule strollers dedicated to making the baby gear buying experience less overwhelming for parents.
Shop jogging strollers below!