In this article, we will be comparing the Cybex Priam4 and Nuna Mixx Next. Both Nuna and Cybex have built a reputation for consistently delivering high-quality baby gear. The Cybex Priam4 and Nuna Mixx Next align with their brand's trend for premium quality and may arguably be two of the most stylish models offered in the US. If a beautifully crafted stroller is a top priority, these two models may very well be at the top of your list. Continue reading to discover their similarities and differences.
What similarities do the Cybex Priam4 and Nuna Mixx Next share?
At first glance, it's evident that both the Cybex Priam4 and Nuna Mixx Next are thoughtfully designed, featuring luxury touches and premium materials. Beyond their surface beauty, despite being born of different brands, these two strollers surprisingly share many common features, contributing to their ease of use and exceptional functionality.
Let's delve into their shared features. Both strollers feature a magnetic harness for easy guided buckling, an extendable sun canopy with UPF50+ protection and mesh ventilation panels, a one-step standing fold for ease on the go and storing, a telescoping height-adjustable handlebar, a reversible stroller seat with one-handed recline, and removable machine-washable padded inserts.
What stroller offers better performance? Cybex Priam4 vs. Nuna Mixx Next?
Both the Cybex Priam4 and Nuna Mixx Next feature foam-filled tires covered in rubber tread, coupled with all-wheel suspension, making both models well-equipped to handle various terrains. Additionally, both strollers have the ability to trolley on two wheels. The Priam4 can utilize this two-wheel function with the baby in tow, enhancing its overall performance on rough terrain and stairs. However, the Mixx Next can only utilize its trolley feature when folded, alleviating the stress of carrying the stroller up stairs but not contributing to its performance when the stroller has the baby on board. The Priam4 wheels are slightly larger, measuring 7.87" in the front and 11.8" in the rear, while the Nuna Mixx Next wheels are 7.5" in the front and 11" in the rear. The Priam4 frame is a bit longer compared to the Mixx Next, but both strollers provide nimble maneuverability. Certainly, parents can feel confident that either stroller is built for the challenges of any road that lies ahead.
What infant car seats are compatible with the Cybex Priam4 and Nuna Mixx Next?
The Cybex Priam4 and Nuna Mixx Next can both easily convert into travel systems by pairing with their respective brand-designed infant car seats. The Mixx Next includes a ring adapter specifically designed for quick pairing with all models of the Nuna Pipa. On the other hand, the Priam4 comes with a set of post adapters for seamless compatibility with Cybex infant car seats, and interestingly, these adapters are also compatible with a variety of alternative brand infant car seats.
While the Mixx Next can only be paired with Nuna infant car seats, the Priam4 does offer more options and flexibility in infant car seat compatibility. For a full list of Priam compatible infant car seats, refer >>>here.
Can either the Cybex Priam4 or Nuna Mixx Next be used from birth?
The Cybex Priam4 stroller seat offers a near-flat recline, but because it doesn't lay fully flat, it's not considered newborn-safe. To use the Priam4 from birth, it should be paired with either an infant car seat or its corresponding Cot (sold separately). It's recommended for babies to lie flat as much as possible to promote proper spine development, and the cot provides the ideal newborn strolling environment. In contrast, the Nuna Mixx Next stroller seat provides a fully flat, newborn-ready recline. This advantage eliminates the need for additional purchases, enabling the Mixx Next to be used from birth straight out of the box. Additionally, it can be paired with an infant car seat, or Nuna also offers a separately sold bassinet.
Can either the Cybex Priam4 or Nuna Mixx Next be used as a double stroller?
Neither the Priam4 nor the Mixx Next are convertible to a double stroller. Both models are designed to be used solely as a single stroller. However, Cybex does provide a separately sold ride-on-board that allows the Priam4 to transport two children. Nuna does not offer a ride-on board for the Mixx Next.
What stroller has better features? Cybex Priam4 vs. Nuna Mixx Next:
We previously discussed some shared premium features and provided a detailed feature list for each stroller below. Now, let's delve into some noteworthy distinctions between the two.
Cybex Priam4 highlights:
- one-handed fold (Mixx Next requires two hands for folding)
- weight capacity of 55lbs (Mixx Next weight limit 50lbs)
- trolley mode with baby in tow (Mixx Next can only be trollied when folded)
- one pull harness for easy securing (similar to car seat harness use)
- elevated seat positioning to bring baby closer to pusher for effortless bonding and interaction
- Comes in a variety of mix and match seat colors and frame colors, and offered in fashion collections in collaboration with renowned artists.
- 5 achievable recline positions with lay flat capability (Priam4 offers 3 positions)
- All-season seat- remove seat liner to expose mesh seat for maximum airflow in warmer climates
- compact fold
Cybex Priam4 Full Feature List:
- XXL extendable canopy with UPF50+ protection
- breathable mesh window in canopy for premium airflow
- Backrest storage pocket
- padded seat inlay
- padded harness with one-pull fit adjustment
- removable, machine washable fabrics
- seat pack is reversible for parent or world facing orientations
- suitable for use from birth to 55lbs
- one-handle recline offering multiple positions
- all-wheel suspension
- all-terrain, never-flat foam filled rubber wheels
- lockable swivel wheels
- height adjustable, leather-like handlebar
- Convenient two-wheel mode for strolling up staircases
- adjustable footrest with deep foot-well
- removable bumper bar
- XL storage basket with magnetic closure
- one-handed fold, self standing fold
- included car seat adapter for use as a travel system with Cybex infant car seats
Nuna Mixx Next Full Feature list:
- Folds to a length that's 6.5" shorter than the original MIXX and stands when folded
- Rubber wheels offer enhanced all-wheel suspension for superior maneuverability on rough terrain
- Can be used as a travel system with Nuna infant car seats (with included ring adapter)
- Pairs with Nuna MIXX Series Bassinet, which is safe for overnight sleeping
- Magnetic buckle makes it quick and easy to harness your child
- Front wheels swivel for maneuverability or lock for stability
- Compact fold, no matter what position the seat is facing
- Front and rear-wheel progressive suspension absorbs shock for a smooth ride
- One-hand, five-position recline, including to true flat sleeping position
- Hand-sewn, leather-look handlebar and belly bar
- Stylish accents, including a dark matte frame and chrome-accented wheels
- Premium cotton fabric
- Adjustable handlebar and leg support
- Oversized, UPF 50+ canopy with extendable eyeshade, mesh ventilation panels and underside double-quilted stitch work
- Removable, rotating arm bar fits kids of various sizes
- Large storage basket includes compartment divider
- Trolley function makes stroller easy to carry when not in use
Dimensions and Specs: Cybex Priam4 vs. Nuna Mixx Next:
Storage Basket Weight Capacity:
What's in the box:
- Priam4: Stroller frame, seat pack, rain cover, cup holder, infant car seat adapters.
- Mixx Next: Stroller frame with seat, ring adapter for Nuna infant car seats
What stroller brand offers better accessories, Cybex or Nuna? Cybex Priam4 vs. Nuna Mixx Next:
Both Cybex and Nuna provide accessories to enhance the functionality of each stroller. The most popular add-on for the Priam is its Cot, recommended for use from birth, while Nuna offers a bassinet for the Mixx Next. Despite the Mixx Next having a fully flat recline, the bassinet offers added convenience, allowing peacefully sleeping babies to remain undisturbed when transitioning from the sidewalk to home. The Nuna Mixx Bassinet also comes boxed with a corresponding stand, enabling it to double as a bedside primary sleep system.
Cybex Priam4 Accessories:
- Cybex Kid Board (not compatible with the e-Priam2)
- Cybex Priam Skis
- Cybex Priam4/e-Priam2 Cot
- Cybex Priam4/e-Priam2 Seat Pack
- Cybex Insect Net
Nuna Mixx Next Accessories:
- Cup Holder
- Child Tray
- Travel Bag (with travel insurance)
- Winter Stroller Seat
- Nuna Mixx Bassinet and Stand
What stroller is better for my family? Cybex Priam4 vs. Nuna Mixx Next:
The Cybex Priam4 and Nuna Mixx Next share numerous similarities with a few distinguishing differences. If a one-stop-shop solution is crucial, the Mixx Next comes ready for use from the day your baby arrives. While the Priam4 does require an additional purchase to be used from birth, it offers advantages that may be beneficial for city families – its one-handed fold and two-wheel function can make navigating city life a breeze. One thing is certain, both of these strollers are bound to stand out for their unique aesthetics!
Strolleria is dedicated to making the gear buying experience less overwhelming for parents.