It’s Ride of the Week time! This week we will explore the Nuna DEMI Next and its features in greater detail!
The Nuna DEMI Next is an amazing stroller that can grow with your family! Depending on your needs, it can hold one baby, two babies, a toddler and a baby, or two toddlers! It also comes with a rider board for an older sibling! Note that the rider board can only be used when the stroller is in single mode.
The DEMI Next has an impressive capacity to transform into more than 25 different modes; it caters to the adaptability required by busy parents. Whether you're enjoying a leisurely stroll, running errands, or embarking on a family adventure, this stroller effortlessly adjusts to meet your evolving needs. From a single stroller to a double or twin setup, and the option to incorporate a rider board or sibling seat accessory (available separately), the system seamlessly evolves alongside your growing family.
Folding the stroller, flipping the seat, or transitioning it into a bassinet or car seat mode is a simple process, enabling you to effortlessly switch between configurations. The stroller's four recline positions and adjustable backrest angle strike the ideal balance between comfort and support for your child's journey. Features like a one-handed, multi-position recline and an extra-large storage basket enhance the convenience for parents on the go.
The DEMI Next is Nuna’s only double stroller and only stroller that has a rider board. It has a unique design, different from most other convertible strollers. Instead of the seats being in-line like stadium seats, the DEMI Next seats are stacked on top of each. The advantage with this configuration is because the weight is distributed more over the back bigger tires, it is a lot easier to push when loaded down. It’s also significantly shorter in length, making it easier to navigate in tight spaces when in double mode. With in-line double strollers, the stroller is often harder to push because it is longer and one of the children is over the front smaller tires, weighing it down.
Let’s take a look at its many features starting from the top down:
- Leatherette adjustable handlebar
- Water-repellent UPF 50+ Aire protect canopy™ protects from the elements and can be fully extended
- Built in privacy drape and ventilation panels in the canopy for ideal airflow
- One-hand, four-position recline, including an upright backrest angle perfect for those toddlers that insist on sitting straight up
- No-rethread harness makes for easy height adjustments
- MagneTech Secure Strap magnetic buckle automatically locks into place
- Easily removable premium Merino wool insert
- Seat fabric removes to feature an all-mesh seat that keeps baby comfortable in warm weather
- Leatherette removable, rotating bumper bar
- Adjustable calf support and footrest for more support
- Large 22 pound capacity basket
- Foam-filled all-terrain wheels with fenders and built-in hub caps to protect from dirt and debris
- All-wheel suspension
- Wide swivel lock front wheels for stability and smooth riding
- One-touch rear braking system
- Included rider board attaches to the stroller’s lower seats mounts; can flip into the stroller basket when not in use
The Nuna DEMI Next has some unique, lesser known features and tricks too!
- The toddler seats are identical - both are the same size and hold 50 pounds each! Not always the case for convertible strollers.
- There is an overnight sleep approved bassinet with stand option.
- The seat insert is made of moisture wicking bamboo to keep baby warm in the winter and cool in the summer!
- The Nuna DEMI Next has Nuna’s first and only rider board for an older child (up to 50 pounds)!
- The bottom seat only faces one direction whereas the top can face either way.
- Toddlers typically love crawling into their own little cave like seat on the bottom!
- One of the only non-side by side double strollers that you can have your eye on both children.
- Parents love clicking in the PIPA infant car seat on the bottom to kind of keep baby tucked away, but still in view - keeps people from peeking/touching their newborn!
- The DEMI Next now has a straight up position for those curious toddlers!
- If you’re flying, Nuna makes a travel bag to fit the DEMI Next in single mode. It’s amazing because it comes with the Nuna Boarding Pass, an extended one-year warranty coverage for your Nuna product as well as the travel bag itself, to give you peace of mind on every journey.
- The DEMI Next comes with two different types of adapters for your PIPA infant car seat. One is a ring adapter, and one is two post adapters. They can both fit in either positions. If you only have one car seat, choose the ring adapter as it’s easier to put the seat on and remove it! If you have twins, put the ring on the bottom and the post adapters up top for easier removal of the bottom seat.
- The Aire Protect canopy can be extended all the way over the seat frame like seen below!
The great thing about the DEMI Next is there are no additional adapters needed when converting the stroller to double mode. The seats are also identical in size so it doesn’t matter what kid goes in which seat!
Read here for a more thorough review of the Demi NEXT in comparison to the previous model the Demi GROW.