If you're looking for a stroller to last throughout your first several years of parenthood—from baby's first walk to adventures with two kids along for the ride—the UPPAbaby VISTA V2 and Nuna Demi Grow are both top choices.
Both are convertible strollers that start as a single and can accommodate a second type of seat when another child comes along.
The VISTA and Demi Grow share similarities like configurations, pricing and compatibility with an infant car seat and bassinet.
But there are also notable differences between the two, including the weight limits and positioning of the seats. As a double stroller, the UPPAbaby VISTA consists of differently-sized seats positioned one in front of the other, while the Nuna Demi Grow features two identical seats stacked one over the other.
UPPAbaby VISTA V2 vs. Nuna Demi Grow Video Comparison
See below for a video that compares the Nuna Demi Grow and UPPAbaby VISTA V2, reviewing single and double configurations, folding, compatible car seats and more.
Nuna Demi Grow
The Demi Grow is Nuna's first stroller that can accommodate a second seat for siblings or twins. The Demi Grow offers a sleek design, 2-year warranty, sturdy all-terrain wheels with adjustable suspension, and compatibility with the Nuna PIPA series of infant car seats considered to be among the safest on the market.
The stroller includes some features not seen on the VISTA, like a zip-out seat lining for an all-weather mesh seat and custom dual suspension that changes the ride for smooth and rough surfaces. A magnetic buckle, added in 2021, makes it even easier to help your child in and out of the stroller, while brown leatherette detailing on the handle and bumper bar add a contemporary look
In 2022, Nuna added a new feature not seen on their strollers before - a built in mosquito net! With the included Aire Protect canopy, a spare canopy included in addition to the original Classic canopy, parents can choose to add more ventilation and protection from bugs and sun with the Aire Protect canopy or go for full coverage with the Classic canopy. Learn more in our 2022 vs. 2021 Nuna Demi Grow comparison.
The UPPAbaby VISTA V2 offers top quality and ease of use, between its three-year warranty and features like a standing fold, oversized storage basket, and one-click compatibility with the UPPAbaby MESA series infant car seat. While the Demi Grow bassinet is sold separately, the VISTA comes with a bassinet - both the Demi Grow and VISTA bassinets can be used for overnight sleeping.
In 2020, UPPAbaby released the VISTA V2, with upgrades like new colors, improved suspension, a redesigned sun canopy with added ventilation, and a no-rethread harness. The VISTA V2 has not changed since its release, aside from a few color updates from year to year. See this 2022 vs. 2021 UPPAbaby VISTA V2 comparison to learn more.
Nuna Demi Grow vs. UPPAbaby VISTA Weight and Dimensions
The Demi Grow is 4 inches taller than the VISTA, making it a favorite of tall parents. The VISTA is more compact when folded, saving 6 inches in length compared to the Demi Grow.
Single stroller weight
- Demi Grow: 27.4 pounds*
- VISTA V2: 27 pounds
* Note that Nuna measures the weight of the stroller without the seat insert, canopy or bumper bar, which add a few pounds.
Double stroller weight
- Demi Grow: 35.4 pounds*
- VISTA V2: 32.6 pounds
- Demi Grow: 39.5"L x 24"W x 43.5" H
- VISTA: 36"L x 25.7"W x 39.5"H
- Demi Grow: 23.5"L x 24"W x 35"H
- VISTA V2: 17.3"L x 25.7"W x 33"H
Basket weight capacity
- Demi Grow: 10 pounds
- VISTA V2: 30 pounds
Nuna Demi Grow Weight Limit vs. UPPAbaby VISTA Weight Limit
That's because the seats of the VISTA are not identical, with the Toddler Seat (the seat that fits the upper position) holding 50 pounds and the RumbleSeat (the lower seat) accommodating 35 pounds.
The RumbleSeat can be a drawback for parents with children who have exceeded the weight limit, as larger toddlers would need to sit in the upper position with the baby farther away in the lower position.
However, while the Nuna Demi Grow offers a higher weight limit, the bottom seat may be less comfortable for a larger child, as it sits low to the ground, slightly beneath the top seat.
- Demi Grow: 50 pounds per seat
- VISTA V2: 50 pounds for upper Toddler Seat; 35 pounds for lower RumbleSeat
Nuna Demi Grow vs. UPPAbaby VISTA Double Stroller
On the UPPAbaby VISTA, the lower RumbleSeat attaches to the front of the stroller frame, in front of the primary Toddler Seat. On the Nuna Demi Grow, the second seat attaches to connectors in the back of the basket so that the seat is positioned behind and beneath the primary seat.
Both designs offer pros and cons.
The advantage of the Nuna Demi Grow is that the weight of both children is placed on the strongest part of the stroller, the rear axle, which allows for better maneuverability with the front wheels.
The design also allows the Demi Grow sibling seat to hold 50 pounds, compared with the VISTA RumbleSeat's 35-pound limit.
With the close positioning of the two seats, the length of the Nuna Demi Grow double stroller is 38 inches—several inches shorter than other convertible strollers.
The downsides of the Demi Grow design: The child essentially rides inside the stroller basket, which limits her view and movement—as well as your storage options. The second seat for the Demi Grow is also more difficult to access for the parent (although your child might think it's fun to climb in).
The second seat on the UPPAbaby VISTA is easier to access and attach, thanks to its position on the front of the stroller. But the seat's position elongates the length of the VISTA and adds weight to the front of the stroller for a heavier push.
Both strollers offer numerous configurations for siblings or twins: You can add a second stroller seat, car seat or bassinet to either the upper or lower position.
But unlike the VISTA seats, both of which are reversible, the Demi Grow sibling seat can only face forward.
Another difference: The VISTA can be a ride for three kids when you attach the PiggyBack ride-along board to the stroller. Nuna does not make a ride-along board, although third-party brands may fit.
Nuna Demi Grow Price vs. UPPAbaby VISTA Single Price
The Nuna Demi Grow costs $50 less than the UPPAbaby VISTA V2 but does not come with the bassinet included, as the VISTA does. The VISTA includes a bug cover with purchase, but does not come with a spare canopy like the Demi Grow. When you add a bassinet, the Demi Grow is about $300 more than the VISTA (the Demi Grow bassinet includes a stand in the price, while the Vista bassinet stand can be purchased separately).
The purchase of a Nuna Demi Grow includes:
- Single stroller with toddler seat
- Classic canopy
- Aire Protect canopy
- Two sets of car seat adapters for Nuna car seats
- Rain cover
The purchase of an UPPAbaby VISTA includes:
- Single stroller with Toddler Seat
- Bassinet storage bag
- Rain cover for Toddler Seat
- Bug cover for Toddler Seat and bassinet
Here's what the pricing for each single stroller looks like when you compare the strollers with identical items.
Nuna Demi Grow
- Stroller: $949.95
- Bassinet: $350 (includes stand)
- Total price with bassinet: $1299.95
UPPAbaby VISTA V2
- Stroller and bassinet (does not include stand): $999.99
Nuna Demi Grow Price vs. UPPAbaby VISTA Double Stroller Price
As a double stroller, the Nuna Demi Grow is initially less expensive than the UPPAbaby VISTA if you're using the stroller the way many parents initially do—with an infant car seat on the upper position and stroller seat on the lower position.
Because the upper and lower seats for the Demi Grow are identical, parents adding a newborn to the family don't necessarily need to purchase a second seat. The seat that comes with the stroller can be relocated to the lower position, while the newborn can sit in a car seat in the upper position.
For the UPPAbaby VISTA, parents must purchase the lower RumbleSeat if they're using a car seat in the upper position because the two stroller seats are not the same size so aren't interchangeable.
Upper and lower adapters, sold separately, are also needed for most double configurations. (See What Adapters Do I Need for the UPPAbaby VISTA? for more details.) Adapters are not needed to convert the Demi Grow into a double.
Nuna Demi Grow double stroller price
- Stroller: $949.95
- Bassinet (includes stand): $350
- Second seat (Sibling Seat): $249.95
- Total price with one stroller seat and infant car seat: $949.95 (car seat price not included)
- Total price with two stroller seats: $1199.90
- Total price with two stroller seats and bassinet (includes stand): $1,549.90
UPPAbaby VISTA V2 double stroller price
- Stroller and bassinet (stand not included): $999.99
- Second seat (RumbleSeat): $219.99
- Upper adapters: $29.99
- Lower adapters: $29.99
- Total price with one stroller seat, bassinet and infant car seat: $999.99 (car seat price not included)
- Total price with two stroller seats, bassinet (stand not included), and required upper and lower adapters: $1,279.96
Nuna Demi Grow vs. UPPAbaby VISTA Configurations
On both strollers, the upper seat is reversible, allowing the child to face you or face forward. Both strollers allow you to use an infant car seat on top and the stroller seat on the bottom, and for twins, both strollers take two infant car seats and two bassinets.
The major difference in configurations is the position of the lower seat. While the VISTA's lower seat faces either direction, a child can only face forward in the Nuna Demi Grow's lower position—whether she's riding in the stroller seat, infant car seat or bassinet.
Here are the differences between the Nuna Demi Grow and UPPAbaby VISTA configurations.
- The stroller seats face either direction on VISTA; the lower seat must face forward on Demi Grow.
- For twins, both infant car seats or bassinets face the parent on VISTA. On the Demi Grow, the child in the lower infant car seat or bassinet must face forward.
- As a double stroller, the basket of the VISTA remains accessible. The child in the lower seat sits in place of the basket on the Demi Grow.
- The Demi Grow bassinet can be used in the upper position with the stroller seat in the lower position. On the VISTA, the bassinet only fits on the lower position when the stroller is used as a double.
UPPAbaby VISTA Configurations
Nuna Demi Grow Configurations
Nuna Demi Grow Fold vs. UPPAbaby VISTA Fold
While the Nuna Demi Grow can be folded with one seat attached, it's best to remove the seat before folding to ensure access to a convenient, leather-wrapped carry handle integrated into the frame.
The UPPAbaby VISTA folds with the seat attached, and parents can grab the bumper bar when lifting the folded stroller. For both strollers, the second seat must be removed before folding.
Both strollers also offer an automatic lock and a self-standing fold, which makes them easy to store and lift into a car.
Car Seats Compatible with Nuna Demi Grow vs. UPPAbaby VISTA
The UPPAbaby MESA series infant car seats are compatible with the UPPAbaby VISTA, no adapters required. With car seat adapters, the VISTA is compatible with several infant car seats from brands including Nuna, Clek, Cybex, Maxi-Cosi, Chicco and Peg-Perego.
Nuna Demi Grow vs. UPPAbaby VISTA Pros and Cons
Nuna Demi Grow
- Stroller seats are identical in size, allowing the stroller to carry more weight and providing more seating options for an older child
- Stacked design of double stroller offers improved maneuverability and a reduced length
- Costs $50 less than the VISTA V2 as a single and can cost $80 or less as a double, depending on configurations
- Seat includes insert that can be unzipped for a mesh seatback
- Spare Aire Protect canopy has built in bug cover and more mesh windows
- Sky Drape cover extends from the canopy for full sun coverage over the seat
- Does not require additional adapters to convert to double stroller
- Harness buckle is magnetic, making it easier to help your child in and out
- Basket space is minimized when child is riding in lower position
- Some toddlers may not like riding underneath the upper seat
- Seat in lower position is not reversible and can only face forward
- Stroller is larger and heavier than the VISTA
- Not compatible with car seats other than Nuna brand
- Does not have a ride-along option for a third child
UPPAbaby VISTA V2
- Tandem design allows for more storage space and leg room for both children
- Stroller is lighter and more compact when folded, allowing for easier lifting in and out of the car
- Comes with more accessories, including bassinet and rain and bug covers
- Compatible with a wider range of infant car seats, including the UPPAbaby MESA that does not require car seat adapters
- Basket capacity is 30 pounds, compared to 10 pounds for Demi Grow
- Piggyback ride-along board option accommodates a third child
- Upper and lower seats are not interchangeable, requiring purchase of lower RumbleSeat for many configurations
- Lower RumbleSeat, with 35-pound capacity, may be too small for some toddlers, requiring your older child to sit in the upper position
- Can cost nearly $80 more as a double stroller compared with Demi Grow, depending on configurations
- Requires use of upper and lower adapters for most double configurations
- In double mode, bassinet only fits on lower position
Strolleria is an authorized retailer of UPPAbaby and Nuna products based out of Scottsdale, Arizona. We are dedicated to making the baby gear buying experience less overwhelming for parents. If you have questions about the UPPAbaby VISTA V2 or Nuna Demi Grow, feel free to contact us by starting a live chat, calling us at 480-442-9433 or e-mailing email@example.com.