Stroller shopping often involves trying to reconcile two conflicting goals: You want a stroller that's sturdy enough to hold two kids as your family grows, yet compact enough for stress-free lifting into your trunk.
The Peg-Perego YPSI and UPPAbaby VISTA V2 are among the only strollers that meet both requirements. They're two of the lightest strollers that convert to a double, weighing in at 22.6 pounds and 27 pounds, respectively.
You're probably more familiar with the UPPAbaby VISTA V2, a top-seller revered for its versatility and style for more than a decade.
The Peg-Perego YPSI is newer as it only debuted in 2019 and gained a second seat option in 2020. But its manufacturer isn't new to the stroller game: Peg-Perego is an Italian maker of baby gear since 1949.
Peg-Perego YPSI vs. UPPAbaby VISTA V2 Video Comparison
Check back for a video comparing the Peg-Perego YPSI and UPPAbaby VISTA V2, including a review of single and double configurations, folding, specifications, compatible car seats, colors and materials, and more.
The Peg-Perego YPSI is among the lightest and most affordable convertible strollers on the market. Just add a set of adapters to the YPSI’s 22-pound frame, and your stroller instantly becomes a double when you add an infant car seat or bassinet for your newborn.
All-wheel suspension, a standing fold and a height-adjustable canopy are among the features that make the YPSI easy to use and maneuver.
Made in Italy by Peg-Perego, the YPSI offers a two year warranty with a one year extension if registered within three months of purchase. Peg-Perego introduced a second seat for the YPSI in 2020, although the stroller itself did not change.
UPPAbaby VISTA V2
The UPPAbaby VISTA V2 is a top choice for quality and ease of use, between its three-year warranty (two plus an additional year if registered within the first three months) and features like a standing fold, oversized storage basket, and one-click compatibility with the UPPAbaby MESA V2 or MESA Max car seat.
The VISTA V2 includes an overnight-approved bassinet with purchase and easily converts to a double stroller when you add the lower RumbleSeat (as well as upper and lower adapters for some configurations).
UPPAbaby debuted the VISTA V2 in 2020, adding upgrades like enhanced all-wheel suspension for a smoother ride, a redesigned sun canopy with extra ventilation, and a no-rethread harness for easy adjustments.
See the VISTA V2 in the video below.
Peg-Perego YPSI vs. UPPAbaby VISTA V2 Single Stroller Price
However, the VISTA V2 includes several accessories sold separately for the YPSI, like a bassinet, bassinet storage bag, along with rain and bug covers. If you add all the same accessories, the YPSI is a bit more expensive than the VISTA V2.
The purchase of an Peg-Perego YPSI stroller includes:
- YPSI stroller with seat and chassis
- Adapters for Peg-Perego infant car seat manufactured in January 2018 or later
The purchase of an UPPAbaby VISTA V2 includes:
- Single stroller with Toddler Seat
- Bassinet storage bag
- Rain cover for Toddler Seat
- Bug cover for Toddler Seat and bassinet
Here's what the pricing for each single stroller looks like when you compare the strollers with identical items.
- Stroller: $699.99
- Bassinet: $249.99
- Bug cover: $39.99
- Rain cover: $39.99
- Total price for stroller and bassinet: $949.98
- Total price for equivalent items to VISTA V2: $1029.96
UPPAbaby VISTA V2
- Stroller, bassinet and rain/bug covers: $999.99
Peg-Perego YPSI vs. UPPAbaby VISTA V2 Double Stroller Price
As a double stroller with a bassinet, the Peg-Perego YPSI is $40 more expensive than the UPPAbaby VISTA V2. However, with the YPSI you don't get the bassinet storage bag, rain cover and bug covers included.
Peg-Perego YPSI double stroller price
- Stroller: $699.99
- Bassinet: $249.99
- Companion Seat: $249.99
- Double adapters: $59.99
- Total price with one stroller seat, double adapters for infant car seat: $759.98 (plus car seat)
- Total price with two stroller seats and double adapters: $1,009.97
- Total price with two stroller seats, bassinet and double adapters: $1,259.96
UPPAbaby VISTA V2 double stroller price
- Stroller, bassinet, rain cover, bug cover, storage bag: $999.99
- Second seat (RumbleSeat): $219.99
- Upper adapters: $29.99
- Lower adapters: $29.99
- Total price with one stroller seat and bassinet: $999.99
- Total price with two stroller seats, bassinet, and upper/lower adapters: $1,279.96
Peg-Perego YPSI vs. UPPAbaby VISTA V2 Weight and Dimensions
The Peg-Perego YPSI is the lightest stroller on the market that converts from single to double, weighing 4.4 pounds less than the VISTA V2 as a single. It's also 5+ inches narrower, helping to navigate tight spaces. However, when looking at seat sizes, the VISTA V2 top seat (Toddler Seat) is a bit more spacious than the YPSI seat.
When configured as a double stroller with two seats, the YPSI is similar in weight to the VISTA V2 because of the addition of the double adapters, which are needed for all double configurations.
Single Stroller Weight
Double Stroller Weight
Single Stroller Unfolded Dimensions
Single Stroller Folded Dimensions
Seat Weight Limits
Seat Back Height
Seat to Canopy Height
Leg Rest Length
Peg-Perego YPSI vs. UPPAbaby VISTA V2 Weight Limit
That's because the seats of the VISTA V2 are not identical, with the Toddler Seat (the upper stroller seat) holding 50 pounds and the RumbleSeat (the lower seat) accommodating 35 pounds.
The RumbleSeat can be a drawback for parents with older children who have exceeded the weight limit, as larger toddlers would need to sit in the upper position with the baby farther away from the parent in the lower position. Most kids reach 35 pounds around age 3, but some toddlers may become too tall for the RumbleSeat first.
Peg-Perego YPSI vs. UPPAbaby VISTA V2 Warranty
Both the Peg-Perego YPSI and UPPAbaby VISTA V2 have some of the longest stroller warranties on the market—an important factor to consider when investing in a stroller to last through multiple kids. The YPSI and VISTA V2 come with a 3-year warranty when registered within the first 3 months. If registered after that point, the warranty will be 2-years.
Peg-Perego YPSI vs. UPPAbaby VISTA V2 Double Stroller Configurations
Both upper and lower seats are reversible, allowing the child to face you or face forward. To accommodate a newborn and a toddler, both strollers can be used with a car seat or bassinet in double mode. And for twins, both take two infant car seats and two bassinets.
Adapters are needed to convert either stroller from single to double. While UPPAbaby sells separate upper adapters and lower adapters, the YPSI adapters are packaged together as a set of double adapters.
The YPSI double adapters—both upper and lower—are needed at all times in double mode, regardless of the configuration. The upper adapters can only be attached and removed when the stroller is folded, while the lower adapters snap onto the frame.
Most families using the VISTA V2 as a double will purchase the upper adapters: They're needed to attach a car seat to the upper position, and they're recommended (though not required) to add spacing between the two stroller seats. You'll need the lower adapters only if you're attaching a car seat or bassinet to the lower position of the stroller. See What Adapters Do I Need for the UPPAbaby VISTA? for more details.
Both strollers fold with upper and lower adapters attached.
- A set of double adapters are needed for all YPSI configurations. The VISTA V2 will require the RumbleSeat adapters when using it in double mode (these come with the purchase of the RumbleSeat), and it’s recommended to use the upper adapters to add leg room between the seats.
- The main seat on the YPSI is the identical to the Companion Seat, allowing it to be moved from the upper or lower position. The lower RumbleSeat on the VISTA V2 is a smaller replica of the upper Toddler Seat, so the two aren't interchangeable.
- The YPSI bassinet can be used in the upper position with the stroller seat in the lower position. On the VISTA V2, the bassinet only fits on the lower position when the stroller is used as a double.
Peg-Perego YPSI Configurations
UPPAbaby VISTA V2 Configurations
Peg-Perego YPSI vs. UPPAbaby VISTA V2 Bassinet
A bassinet is the coziest way for your baby to begin strolling: It allows your infant to lie flat, which is safest for her head and neck, and provides more airflow than a car seat.
Both the Peg-Perego YPSI and UPPAbaby VISTA V2 have bassinet options that can be used on the stroller in either single or double mode, as well as on a bassinet stand for overnight sleeping in your home.
Your purchase of the UPPAbaby VISTA V2 includes a bassinet, which includes a zippered ventilation panel on the back, as well as a pull-out sunshade for complete sun coverage, and a bassinet storage bag. The bassinet clicks into the wooden UPPAbaby bassinet stand, which can later be used as a laundry hamper.
The Peg-Perego YPSI bassinet, sold separately, includes ventilation inserts, a window and an extended apron that provides protection from the elements. Add the Peg-Perego bassinet stand to bring baby to your bedside, keeping essentials in a basket underneath.
- YPSI bassinet: $249.99
- YPSI bassinet stand: $149.99
- VISTA V2 bassinet and bassinet storage bag: included with stroller
- VISTA V2 bassinet stand: $149.99
Peg-Perego YPSI vs. UPPAbaby VISTA V2 Fold
As single strollers, the two models are about the same size when folded. But when configured as a double, the Z4 is about a foot taller than the VISTA V2 because of the height of the double adapters.
You can save space by removing the YPSI seat before folding the stroller, then removing the upper adapters (which can only be detached when the stroller is folded). The VISTA V2 folds more compactly with adapters attached.
For both strollers (and most doubles), you'll need to remove the lower seat before folding.
See the photos below for a look at each fold: On the left, the strollers are pictured in single mode. On the right, the YPSI is folded with the double adapters, and the VISTA V2 is folded with the upper adapter attached.
Car Seats Compatible with Peg-Perego YPSI vs. UPPAbaby VISTA V2
Peg-Perego and UPPAbaby offer their own infant car seats, which attach to their respective strollers without the need for adapters.
With the purchase of car seat adapters, both strollers are also compatible with car seats from several other leading brands.
- Peg-Perego Primo Viaggio 4-35, 4-35 Nido, and 4-35 Lounge (car seats manufactured after Jan. 2018 only; older car seats are not compatible) - adapters come with stroller
- Agio Primo Viaggio 4-35 Nido 4-35 Lounge (car seats manufactured after Jan. 2018 only; older car seats are not compatible) - adapters come with stroller
- Cybex Aton and Cloud Q series (with adapter)
- Clek Liing (with adapter)
- Maxi-Cosi Mico Max 30, Mico Max Plus, Mico AP, Mico NXT, Mico, Citi, Cabrio and CabrioFix (with adapter)
- Nuna PIPA, PIPA RX, PIPA Lite, PIPA Lite R, PIPA Lite LX, and PIPA Lite RX (with adapter)
- UPPAbaby MESA, MESA V2, and MESA Max (no adapters required)
- Chicco KeyFit 35, KeyFit 30, KeyFit 30 Zip, KeyFit 30 Zip Air, Fit2, Fit2 Air (with adapter)
- Clek Liing and Liingo (with adapters)
- Cybex Aton series (with adapters)
- Maxi-Cosi Mico Max 30, Mico Max Plus, Mico AP, Mico NXT, Mico, Citi, Cabrio and CabrioFix (with adapters)
- Nuna PIPA, PIPA RX, PIPA Lite, PIPA Lite R, PIPA Lite RX, PIPA Lite LX and PIPA urbn (with ring adapter by Nuna or post adapters by UPPAbaby)
- Peg-Perego Primo Viaggio 4-35 , 4-35 Nido and 4-35 Lounge (with adapters)
Peg-Perego YPSI vs. UPPAbaby VISTA V2 Colors
The Peg-Perego YPSI is available in these 6 colors:
- Mon Amour - rose gold
- Atmosphere - dark gray and black
- Onyx - black
- City Grey - gray
- Graphic Gold - black with graphic gold canopy
- New Life - blue with graphic canopy
The UPPAbaby VISTA V2 comes in 10 colors:
- Lucy Rosewood Melange
- Alice Dusty Pink
- Anthony White and Grey Chenille
- Greyson Charcoal Melange
- Jake Charcoal Black
- Gregory Blue Melange
- Gwen Green Melange
- Stella Brushed Grey
- Declan Oat Melange
- Noa Navy Blue
Peg-Perego YPSI vs. UPPAbaby VISTA V2 Accessories
Available for both the Peg-Perego YPSI and UPPAbaby VISTA V2 are accessories like a ride-along board for an older toddler, a travel bag and a diaper bag designed to fit the handlebar of your stroller.
Peg-Perego accessories sold separately for the YPSI include:
- Travel bag
- Universal cup holder
- Ride-along board
- Bassinet stand
- Baby stage pad (infant insert)
- Rain cover
- Mosquito net
- Bassinet mattress cover
- Snack tray
Compatible VISTA V2 accessories include:
- Piggyback ride-along board
- Snack tray
- Cup holder
- Travel bag
- Carry-all bag
- Bassinet stand
- Bassinet mattress cover
- Seat liner
- Infant SnugSeat
- Ganoosh lightweight footmuff
- CozyGanoosh heavy footmuff
Peg-Perego YPSI vs. UPPAbaby VISTA V2 Pros and Cons
- YPSI is the lightest convertible stroller on the market
- Costs $300 less than the VISTA V2 as a single stroller (but does not include a bassinet, bassinet storage bag or rain/bug covers that are included with the Vista)
- Offers identical seats and even weight limit of 50 pounds on both stroller seats, allowing the younger child to sit closer to the parent
- Can be used with a bassinet in the upper position when configured as a double, unlike VISTA V2
- Handlebar is slightly taller than VISTA V2 and can be paired with handle extensions to add 5.75" in height for tall parents
- Costs more than the VISTA V2 when the Vista's accessories are included in the price
- When folded as a double, stroller is about 12" taller than the VISTA V2 due to height of double adapters
- Requires double adapters (on both upper and lower positions) for all double configurations
- Stroller has to be folded in order to attach and remove upper adapters
- Bassinet and all accessories are sold separately
- Footrest does not adjust to multiple positions (although seat fabric pops out to elevate seat)
UPPAbaby VISTA V2
- Base stroller includes more accessories at no extra cost, including bassinet, bassinet storage bag and rain and bug covers
- More compact when folded with upper adapter attached, compared with YPSI folded with double adapters attached
- Can be easier to configure as a double and does not require adapters for all double configurations
- Has larger storage basket than the YPSI, with 30-pound capacity
- Toddler Seat includes multi-position adjustable footrest and no-rethread harness (features not seen on YPSI)
- Canopy has more ventilation than YPSI
- Offers more color and accessory options for customizing your stroller
- Costs $300 more than the YPSI as a single (excluding the cost of the included accessories that come with the Vista)
- Upper and lower seats are not interchangeable and are not the same size
- Lower RumbleSeat, with 35-pound capacity, may be too small for some toddlers, requiring your older child to sit in the upper position
- In double mode, bassinet only fits on lower position
- Only comes with a bassinet and you may not need one if buying the stroller after the infant stage
Strolleria is a family-owned and operated retailer dedicated to making the baby gear buying experience less overwhelming for parents. If you have questions about the UPPAbaby VISTA V2 or Peg-Perego YPSI, feel free to contact us by starting a live chat, calling us at 480-442-9433 or e-mailing email@example.com.