One of the safest and most popular infant car seats on the market is now the lightest, too! The Nuna PIPA Lite weighs just 5.3 pounds—making it 2.6 pounds lighter than the original PIPA and lighter than any other car seat in the world.
Despite its weight, the PIPA Lite doesn't skimp on safety. Unlike most car seats made with non-flexible foam, the PIPA Lite is made with a first-of-its-kind flexible foam that compresses to absorb forces in a crash.
Like the PIPA, the PIPA Lite snaps into a steel-reinforced base with a load leg that attaches to the floor of your vehicle for extra stability. According to Nuna, the load leg helps minimize forward rotation during a crash by up to 90 percent.
What are the other differences between the PIPA and PIPA Lite? The PIPA Lite includes fire-resistant fabrics free of flame retardant chemicals, a memory foam headrest, and a leather-look handle. Unlike the PIPA, it does not include a dream drape and cannot be installed without the base for taxis or travel. (See all the differences in this Nuna PIPA vs. PIPA Lite comparison.)
- At 5.3 pounds, the Nuna PIPA Lite is the lightest infant car seat on the market
- Made with aerospace aluminum, along with lightweight Aeroflex foam that can absorb and diffuse energy away from baby in a crash
- Load leg in steel-reinforced base attaches to floor of car to reduce rotation during impact by up to 90 percent, with crumple zone that absorbs impact and minimizes force to baby
- Rigid (metal) LATCH connectors on base are 50 percent stronger than a typical belt LATCH
- Flame-resistant materials contain no added fire retardant chemicals
- Side-impact protection
- Patented memory foam headrest provides custom support as baby grows
- Two-step, five-second install, with indicators that turn green to signal a correct installation
- Made of comfortable micro-knit fabric, with a removable organic cotton infant insert
- Removable UPF 50+ canopy with flip-out eyeshade
- Compatible with Nuna and Maxi-Cosi car seat adapters to create a travel system with numerous strollers
- Integrated harness holders help you buckle in baby with ease
- Leather-look carry handle adds luxury and comfort
- FAA-certified for airplanes with base
- Weight capacity: 4 to 32 pounds
- Height limit: 32"
- Dimensions: 27.3"L x 17.5"W x 22.5"H
- Product weight without canopy and insert: 5.3 pounds
- Product weight with canopy and insert: 6.7 pounds
- Product weight with base: 19.3 pounds
- Warranty: 1 year
- Nuna PIPA Lite infant car seat, including infant insert, harness cover and crotch cover
- Additional GOTS-certified organic cotton fabric insert
- Base with load leg
- LATCH guides
- Nuna Demi Grow, MIXX2, TAVO and PEPP
- Austlen Entourage
- Baby Jogger City Mini, Summit X3, City Premier, City Select and City Select Lux
- Babyzen Yoyo+
- Bugaboo Fox, Cameleon, Bee, Buffalo
- Bumbleride Indie, Speed and Indie Twin
- Mamas & Papas Sola
- Mima Xari
- UPPAbaby CRUZ, VISTA and MINU
- Thule Urban Glide single and double
Free shipping on orders over $49 is available to Strolleria customers in the lower 48 states. We do not offer shipping outside the continental United States.
Most Strolleria orders are shipped via FedEx Ground from our warehouse in Scottsdale, Arizona within 1-3 business days of the order time. Custom products such as Bugaboo and Mima strollers may require additional fulfillment time due to their complexity.
See this page for more details about shipping, including estimated arrival times to your location.
Strolleria accepts returns of new, unused items that are returned to us within 60 days of receipt.
Because safety is a top priority for us and all new parents, Strolleria only accepts returns of items that have never been used. Items must be returned in the same condition in which you received them, including the original packaging.
Furniture pieces are final sale and cannot be returned or exchanged.
All products sold by Strolleria are covered under a manufacturer's warranty. If the product is defective or becomes damaged during the warranty period, the manufacturer will send a repair or replacement part at no cost.
Visit this page for our complete return policy.