If it's time to convert your UPPAbaby VISTA into a double stroller, congratulations on baby #2!
Your UPPAbaby VISTA single stroller grows into a double with the addition of another seat, infant car seat or bassinet.
If you already own the UPPAbaby VISTA as a single stroller, here's what you'll need to make it a double:
- UPPAbaby VISTA RumbleSeat
- Upper adapters and, in some cases, lower adapters, depending on desired configurations
- Car seat adapter, depending on car seat brand
In this post, we'll explain the products you need for each double configuration of the VISTA.
See below for a video overview of turning the UPPAbaby VISTA into a double stroller.
UPPAbaby VISTA RumbleSeat
The seat that came with your original purchase of the UPPAbaby VISTA is called the Toddler Seat and only fits the upper position. To use a seat on the lower position of the stroller, you'll need to purchase a second seat, which UPPAbaby calls the RumbleSeat.
The RumbleSeat is a smaller replica of the Toddler Seat, designed to fit only the lower position. The capacity of the RumbleSeat is 35 pounds and 36" in height, while the larger Toddler Seat holds a child up to 50 pounds and 40" in height.
Included with the purchase of the RumbleSeat are the adapters needed to attach the seat to the frame. (These are not the same as the lower adapters, described in the next section.)
All UPPAbaby VISTA components from 2015 to present are compatible, so even if you have a stroller that's a few years old, the current RumbleSeat will fit.
See UPPAbaby VISTA Toddler Seat vs. RumbleSeat for more frequently-asked questions about using these seats in a double configuration.
Upper and Lower Adapters
If you plan to use the UPPAbaby VISTA as a double stroller with an infant car seat or bassinet, you'll need to purchase the upper adapters and, for some configurations, the lower adapters. These adapters create the needed space between the two seats.
The adapters are not included with your purchase of the UPPAbaby VISTA stroller or RumbleSeat to allow greater customization—depending on the double configurations you plan to use, you may not need both sets of adapters.
You'll need the upper adapters for these configurations:
- Infant car seat in upper position + RumbleSeat in lower position (required)
- Toddler seat in upper position + RumbleSeat in lower position (recommended to create more space between seats)
- Toddler seat in upper position + bassinet in lower position (required)
- Two infant car seats (required)
- Two bassinets (required)
You'll need the lower adapters for these configurations:
- Toddler seat in upper position + bassinet in lower position
- Toddler seat in upper position + infant car seat in lower position
- Two bassinets
- Two infant car seats
See What Adapters Do I Need for the UPPAbaby VISTA? for more information about adapters and a visual overview of each double configuration.
Car Seat Adapters
Regardless of the type of car seat you own, you'll need to purchase the upper adapters when using the VISTA as a double stroller. You'll also need the lower adapters if you are using the car seat on the lower position.
Depending on your car seat model, you may also need a car seat adapter that allows your car seat to connect to the stroller.
The following car seats are compatible with the UPPAbaby VISTA:
- UPPAbaby MESA (no adapters required)
- Chicco KeyFit and KeyFit30 (with adapter)
- Cybex Aton, Aton 2, Aton m (with adapter or lower adapter)
- Maxi-Cosi Mico Max 30, Mico AP, Mico NXT, Mico, Citi, Cabrio and CabrioFix (with adapter or lower adapter)
- Nuna PIPA, PIPA RX, PIPA Lite, PIPA Lite R, and PIPA Lite LX (with ring adapter or lower adapter)
- Peg-Perego Primo Viaggio 4-35 and 4-35 Nido (with adapter)
If you're using a non-UPPAbaby car seat on the upper position, you'll attach the car seat adapter to the upper adapter.
If you're using a non-UPPAbaby car seat on the lower position, you'll attach the car seat adapter to the lower position. The one exception: A separate lower adapter is available for Nuna, Maxi-Cosi and Cybex car seats, which fulfills the purpose of both the car seat adapter and lower adapter.
Strolleria is a family-owned and operated retailer dedicated to making the baby gear buying experience less overwhelming for parents. If you have more questions about the UPPAbaby VISTA, feel free to contact us at 480-442-9433 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shop below for the UPPAbaby VISTA double stroller and parts needed to convert the VISTA from a single to a double!