Determining whether your Doona infant car seat and stroller is genuine or authentic is essential for your child's safety while in the car, and to ensure you have a quality product. A fake Doona is dangerous as it does not protect your child in the event of an accident! Authentic Doona car seat and strollers have gone thru rigorous testing, whereas fake ones have not. They have not been approved and independent crash tests have proven them to be useless in the event of a crash.
The fake ones look very similar - and are often sold on sites like Temu - so be vigilant and really study what a real Doona looks like paying attention to the little details like the logo on the stroller. Here is a side by side of a real and fake Doona - see if you can spot the subtle differences:
Here are some tips to help you verify the authenticity of your Doona:
- Purchase from Authorized Retailers and Buy New: The most reliable way to ensure your Doona is genuine is to purchase it new from an authorized retailer, like Strolleria! Doona also provides a list of authorized dealers on their official website. Buying from these reputable sources significantly reduces the risk of purchasing a counterfeit product.
- Inspect the Label and Logo: Examine the Doona label and logo carefully. Genuine Doona products typically have high-quality labels and logos, with clear and crisp printing. Counterfeit products may have blurry or poorly printed labels or go by a different name such as "4-in-1."
- Check the Serial Number: Each Doona product comes with a unique serial number. Verify the serial number on your Doona with the one provided by the manufacturer to ensure it matches.
- Review the Packaging: Authentic Doona products are sold in original packaging with clear branding and product information. Check for any discrepancies in packaging, such as misspelled words or incorrect logos.
- Compare with Official Website: Visit the official Doona website to compare product images, features, and specifications with your own Doona. Look for any significant differences or inconsistencies. Especially pay attention to the stroller frame and colors used.
- Verify Product Documentation: Genuine Doona products come with user manuals and documentation. Check the provided documentation for accurate information and language usage.
- Contact Doona Customer Support: If you have doubts about the authenticity of your Doona product, consider reaching out to Doona's customer support. They can provide guidance and assistance in verifying the authenticity of your product.
- Beware of Unusually Low Prices: Be cautious of deals that seem too good to be true. Counterfeit products are often sold at significantly lower prices than genuine Doona products. Doona controls all pricing - all pricing will be the same across all retailers.
- Inspect the Product Carefully: Thoroughly examine the product for any signs of poor quality, such as flimsy materials, loose parts, or unusual odors.
Remember that counterfeit products not only compromise your child's safety (the Doona is a car seat first and foremost!), but may also lack the quality and durability of a genuine Doona product. Always make sure to purchase from authorized retailers, and remember if something seems too good to be true, it likely is!
If you have any questions regarding the Doona, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us today!