Yes it can! With the new Babyzen YOYO2 Connect accessory, select YOYO2 strollers can now convert to a double! However, 2021 and older YOYO2 models, as well as YOYO+ or original YOYO models cannot turn into a double stroller, but YOYO2 and YOYO+ models can still carry two children at once with the addition of the YOYO Board.
HOW TO USE THE BABYZEN YOYO, YOYO+ and YOYO2 WITH TWO KIDS
To make room for an older child, you can attach the Babyzen YOYO+ Board with a quick, single click installation! Since the board does not have a full seat, seat back, or harness, it is not intended for a young toddler or infant, but is a great option for an independent toddler who wants a place to ride along too!
How do you attach the Babyzen YOYO+ Board to the YOYO+? Simply connect the board onto your stroller frame between the rear wheels using the two white pull tabs, and click into place! Please note the YOYO+ Board is only compatible with the YOYO+ stroller, not previous YOYO models.
When strolling with the board attached, easily maneuver the stroller with one or both hands - and when your child isn't using the board attachment, it can easily be folded into a number of storage positions using a connecting strap and loops:
- With the 0+ version, the removable seat should be detached before lifting the board to a middle position and hold in place using the lower loop.
- With the 6+ version, you have a few options:
- with stroller backrest upright, detach the removable seat and lift board to it's most upright position; the top loop holds in place
- with stroller backrest upright, keep the removable seat on the board and lift board into a middle position; the lower loops holds in place
- with stroller backrest reclined, detach the removable seat and lift board into a middle position; the lower loop holds in place
The YOYO+ Board has a weight capacity of up to 44.1 pounds, which most children will reach around the age of four to six years old.
This is a convenient option for families with an infant or young toddler, as well as an older toddler who likes more independence than they'll have in a double stroller but enjoy a place to rest their feet when you're out and about.
IS THERE A BABYZEN DOUBLE STROLLER?
Yes, the Babyzen YOYO2 Connect Double Stroller and YOYO2 Connect Twin Complete Stroller are available to support twins from birth or two toddlers are different ages. The Connect is an accessory that attaches to the back of the YOYO2 stroller frame to create a second seat, and only fits select YOYO2 models from 2022.
Some other models you can consider will be less compact, but which are still lightweight and compact compared to the majority of double strollers. Here are a few to look at:
- UPPAbaby G-Link: the lightest double stroller on this list, the G-Link weighs only 22 pounds, and is a side-by-side double with seats that can be used from 3 months of age up to 50 pounds per seat! It is an umbrella-style stroller so will fold inwards to protect the seat fabrics, but has many additional features usually missing from an umbrella stroller. The G-Link has independently reclining seats with adjustable footrests and large, UPF 50+ canopies, a roomy storage basket that holds up to 10 pounds, additional storage pockets behind each seat, and a one-step fold and comfortable carry handle when folded.
- Baby Jogger City Tour 2 Double: weighing in at around 23 pounds, the City Tour 2 has a much more compact fold than the G-Link thanks to its clever design, making it the most compact double stroller on the market! It features two independent stroller seats that can be used from 6 months up to 33 pounds and can be used from birth by purchasing the City Tour 2 double pram bassinet - since you can attach two prams at a time to the City Tour 2 double, this is a great travel solution for twins! Sun canopies with UPF 50 protection, independently reclining seats, and adjustable calf support keep your children comfortable when you're on the go.
- Baby Jogger City Mini Double: for a double stroller with a little more canopy coverage, storage space, larger wheels, and the option to add one infant car seat using adapters, the City Mini Double is a great choice! Weighing 26.6 pounds, the City Mini supports up to 100 pounds between both seats. Although the seats should be used from around 6 months and older, you can attach one infant car seat compatible with the City Mini Double using an adapter. Front wheels have suspension and the option to swivel or lock, the seats have generous UPF 50+ sun canopies and independently adjustable recline, and the stroller fold is a breeze with Baby Jogger's patented quick-fold technology.
- Baby Jogger City Mini GT Double: much like the City Mini, the City Mini GT double has upgraded tires that are foam-filled with improved tread for all-terrain strolling! Other features you'll see on the GT model include an adjustable handlebar and a hand parking brake. Just like the City Mini, you can attach compatible infant car seats using an adapter, sold separately. The City Mini GT has the same 100 pound weight capacity between both seats, but weighs a little more at 32.5 pounds because of the upgraded tires.
Questions about the Babyzen YOYO or other lightweight travel strollers? Watch this page for updates on the YOYO2 Connect double, and contact us with questions by phone (480) 442-9433 or email - email@example.com
Shop our collection of lightweight strollers below: