10 Benefits of a Baseless Infant Car Seat
The ability to install an infant car seat without the base has become one of the top features parents want and expect when purchasing an infant car seat. These car seats are designed to be able to be installed using only the vehicle's seat belt (or vehicle latch as seen with the Nuna Urbn and Clek Liingo), making them a versatile option for parents who frequently switch vehicles or need to transport their child in a car without a base. Baseless car seats offer greater flexibility, convenience, and cost savings, while still providing the same level of safety as traditional car seats with bases.
In this article, we will explore 10 benefits of baseless car seats in greater detail, and why they are an excellent option for parents seeking a versatile and safe infant car seat.
- Emergency situations: If you ever find yourself in an emergency situation where you need to transport your baby in a car without a base, having an infant car seat that can be installed without a base is essential for your child's safety.
- Travel: If you plan on traveling with your baby, having an infant car seat that can be installed without a base is very convenient, especially if you are flying or taking public transportation. We all know babies pack a lot of extras - having one less thing to pack, carry, and worry about is welcomed!
- Ride-sharing services: If you use a ride-sharing service, having an infant car seat that can be installed without a base can allow you to transport your baby safely in different cars. Plus you don't have to lug around a heavy base from stop to stop!
- Carpooling: If you carpool with other parents, having an infant car seat that can be installed without a base can make it easier to switch cars or share a car without the need for additional bases.
- Flexibility: Having an infant car seat that can be installed without a base provides greater flexibility in terms of where and how you can use the car seat. It also provides more flexibility about where it is installed in the car.
- Cost savings: An infant car seat that can be installed without a base can save you money in the long run, as you won't need to purchase additional bases for multiple cars or situations. For example, if you have someone drive your baby once and awhile, they can safely transport your baby without the need of a base.
- Environmental benefits: By using an infant car seat that can be installed without a base, you can reduce waste and have a positive impact on the environment by not needing to purchase additional bases.
- Ease of use: An infant car seat that can be installed without a base can be easier to use and install than one that requires a base, especially if you need to switch cars frequently.
- Vehicle compatibility: Buying an infant car seat that can be installed without a base provides greater versatility when it comes to vehicle compatibility. Not all vehicle seats are equipped with latch, and not all vehicles have a suitable back seat for installing a car seat with a base.
- Peace of mind: Knowing that you have an infant car seat that can be installed without a base can provide peace of mind and greater confidence as a parent, knowing that you can transport your baby safely in any situation.
Purchasing an infant car seat that can be installed without a base has many benefits. Even if only for peace of mind should you ever be in a situation where you don't have the base, that alone may be worth it! Please note, that there may be more room for error when installing the infant car seat without a base (except for the easy rigid latch with the Nuna Urbn). It is always important to practice, and refer to the car seat manual to ensure that the seat is installed properly and safely.
Strolleria is an authorized U.S. retailer of products from Nuna, UPPAbaby, Clek, Cybex, Doona, and more, dedicated to making the baby gear buying experience less overwhelming for parents. If you have more questions about infant car seats that can be installed baseless, feel free to contact us at 480-442-9433 or email@example.com.