Nuna and UPPAbaby are both well known brands in the world of baby gear, and for very good reason! Parents can trust that both brands consistently deliver on ease of use, functionality and quality. The Nuna vs. UPPAbaby debate is a common conversation among families as they examine the best options for their lifestyles. In this article, we will compare the Nuna Demi Next and the UPPAbaby Vista V2. Both models are convertible, single to double strollers. Read on to clear the confusion and determine which option will be the best fit for your family.
Which stroller provides the most value straight out of the box? Nuna Demi Next vs. UPPAbaby Vista V2
What's in the box?
The Demi Next comes boxed with its frame, stroller seat, two infant car seat adapters, a rain cover and a ride-on-board.
The Vista V2 comes boxed with its frame, stroller seat, bassinet, rain cover and bug next.
The Demi Next is priced slightly lower than the Vista V2 and it's included infant car seat adapters and ride-on-board allow it to hold two passengers straight out of the box. While it does not come with a bassinet, the Nuna Demi bassinet is sold separately.
Out of the box, the Vista V2 can only be used as a single stroller. While it does come with a toddler seat and a bassinet, it's main seat can only be used on the top of the stroller, additional accessories and adapters are required to hold more than one rider. The included bassinet is a nice addition and is rated for over night sleep when paired with the UPPAbaby bassinet stand. UPPAbaby also offers a ride-on-board but it is sold separately.
For parents looking for a single stroller to use from birth, the Vista V2 may provide more bang for the buck with the included bassinet.
For parents expecting twins or in need of a stroller to hold an infant and older sibling the Demi Next with included ride-on-board may provide a better value.
Configurations: Nuna Demi Next vs. UPPAbaby Vista V2
The total number of configurations achievable with the Demi Next is 25, while the Vista V2 offers 29 achievable configurations. Both strollers do require additional accessories to achieve all configurations.
Single Stroller Mode: Nuna Demi Next vs. UPPAbaby Vista V2
Both the Demi Next and Vista V2 are reliable full size strollers, loaded with features to make life on-the-go easy and comfortable for passenger and pusher. Both strollers offer car seat compatibility, built in suspension for a smooth ride over any terrain; large storage baskets to hold all the things; and a reversible stroller seat, holding up to 50lbs.
Stroller Seat: Nuna Demi Next vs. UPPAbaby Vista V2
The Demi Next stroller seat includes a removable Merino Wool seat liner. When the seat liner is removed, a summer seat is revealed. The backing of the stroller seat is mesh, providing air flow through the seat to keep babies/toddlers cool and comfortable. The seat can be reclined to 4 positions and also features a magnetic, 3 to 5-point no-rethread harness. The seat sits in an elevated position that brings parents closer to their little riders for effortless interaction during strolls.
The Vista V2 seat, does not come with a seat liner but one is sold separately. The seat offers 6 recline positions and a 5-point no-rethread harness.
Canopy: Nuna Demi Next vs. UPPAbaby Vista V2
Both canopies offer 50+ UPF protection. Peek-a-boo windows, ventilation panels and can be further extend for fuller coverage.
The Vista V2 comes with an include bug net while the Demi Next mosquito net is integrated and stored within the canopy, a zipper front opening allows the net to be pulled down and forward and encloses the entire seat for bug protection.
Features: Nuna Demi Next vs. UPPAbaby Vista V2
Full list of Nuna Demi Next features:
Toddler Seat + Frame
- Forward and rear-facing seat options
- One-touch rear-wheel braking system for scuff-free shoe control
- Custom dual suspension™ provides a nice, smooth ride
- Wide, swivel-lock front wheels make it a master of smooth riding motion
- One-hand adjustable calf support and footrest to accommodate growth
- Self-guiding MagneTech secure snap™ buckles automatically lock into place
- Quick-release 3 to 5-point harness makes it easy to fasten them in
- Fenders and built-in hub caps protect from dirt and debris
- Easily removable premium Merino wool insert provides ultra-soft comfort
- Eye-to-eye connection is easier with the elevated seat level
- Rotating and removable armbar fits kids of all sizes
- Water-repellent UPF 50+ Aire protect canopy™ protects from the elements
- Built-in privacy drape and ventilation panels in the canopy for ideal airflow
- All-season seat keeps baby cozy in winter and easily converts to mesh in summer
- Tires are tough, foam-filled, and ready for any terrain
- No-rethread harness makes it easy to adjust for comfort and growth
- Large basket with 22 lb capacity holds everything you need for the journey
- Adjustable pushbar with luxe leatherette accents to accommodate varying heights
- Included rain cover for when the weather doesn't cooperate
- Compatible with the Demi next sibling seat and Demi next bassinet
- Two swivel wheels for easy maneuvering
- Holds up to 50 lbs
- Flips into the stroller basket when not in use
- Folds with stroller
Full list of UPPAbaby Vista V2
- Perforated Bassinet mattress pad, vented base and canopy for added breathability
- Extendable, pop out UPF 50+ sunshade
- One-handed release from stroller
- Depth and ventilation provide an overnight sleep solution
- Zip out, water-repellent inner liner and boot cover are easy to remove and clean
Toddler Seat + Frame
- Ability to transport up to three children with RumbleSeat and PiggyBack accessories
- Full-size reversible Toddler Seat
- Five-point, no-rethread harness
- Extendable canopy with UPF 50+ protection, zip out fabric and mesh panels
- Vented peekaboo window
- One-handed, multi-position recline
- Adjustable handlebar
- Extra-large, easy-access basket with 30 lbs weight limit
- All-wheel suspension
- Front wheel locks with visual indicators
- Mesa Infant Car Seat attaches directly to stroller without adapters
- 100% full-grain leather accents
- One-step fold, stands when folded
Car Seat Compatibility: Nuna Demi Next vs. UPPAbaby Vista V2
The Demi Next and Vista V2 each provide car seat compatibility. The Demi Next comes with two sets of infant car adapters included and is only compatible with Nuna Pipa infant car seat series. The Vista V2 is directly compatible with UPPAbaby Mesa infant car seats with no need for adapters! UPPAbaby also offers a bit more flexibility and can be paired with alternative brand infant car seats by using car seat adapters (sold separately).
Double, Twin and Triple Configurations: Nuna Demi Next vs. UPPAbaby Vista V2
The Demi Next and Vista V2 can both be used as a double or twin stroller, their corresponding second seats are sold separately. The Demi Nexts' included ride-on-board allows for one rider and one seated child, however the ride-on-board cannot be used when two seats are attached, meaning the Demi Next can only hold a maximum of two riders. The Vista V2s' dedicated ride-on-board (the Piggyback) can be added to the stroller frame allowing an older child to hitch a ride in both double and single configurations, meaning the Vista V2 can manage three children!
Inline vs. Stacked: Nuna Demi Next vs UPPAbaby Vista V2
Converting the Demi Next to a double or twin stroller is very straight forward. The stroller frame includes integrated adapters allowing a second seat to quickly be added. The sold separately Demi Next Sibling Seat, is actually a replica of the included main seat and also can hold up to 50lbs.
When used as a double/twin stroller, the Demi Next provides a stacked configuration. The second seat is added under the main seat within the storage basket. Unfortunately, this means that the majority of the storage basket will become unavailable with the addition of a second passenger.
The Vista V2 is converted to a double stroller by adding a Rumble Seat (second seat sold separately) and also requires the purchase of upper adapters that create space for each child to sit comfortably. The Rumble Seat comes with its own adapters included that are utilized to connect it to the bottom/front of the Vista V2 stroller frame. Unfortunately the Rumble Seat is smaller than the main Vista seat and can only hold up to 35lbs. Refer to our blog for a full guide to understanding the Vista V2 configurations and adapters needed.
Comparing the inline vs. stacked configurations, there are a few key points to note.
1. The inline configuration of the Vista V2 may result in parents being forced to put their younger child on the bottom/front of the stroller and their big kid on the top. The stacked configuration of the Demi Next positions both children within parents' immediate eyesight and arms reach for effortless interaction with each little rider. This is especially important to consider for parents expecting twins!
2. By design, in-line doubles become much longer with the addition of a second seat. With the added weight of a second child at the front of the stroller, the Vista V2 may be a bit more challenging to turn and steer- think hopping a curb. The stacked configuration results in a smaller footprint that is easier to maneuver, turn and steer.
3. The Vista V2, requires multiple adapters to create double configurations. For parents, this means more moving parts and pieces to keep track of.
4. Recline positions become limited in an in-line configuration while both seats can be fully reclined at the same time in the stacked configuration.
5. In the stacked configuration, storage space is lost. The in-line configuration allows you to continue to utilize the full storage basket and bring along all the stuff that two kiddos require!
6. While it may seem odd to have a child sit under another stroller seat and positioned in the storage basket, the consensus from parents is that older siblings LOVE to ride in the bottom seat of the Demi Next. They are able to climb in and out on their own and get a very unique view of the world.
What stroller offers more accessory options? Nuna Demi Next vs.UPPAbaby Vista V2:
Both Nuna and UPPAbaby offer the basic necessities but UPPAbaby does have a wider range of offerings.
Demi Next Accessories:
- Cup Holder
- Child Tray
- Bassinet and Stand
- Sibling Seat
- Travel Bag (with travel insurance)
- Winter Stroller Seat
Vista V2 Accessories:
- Bassinet Stand
- Hamper Inserts
- UPPAbaby Rumble Seat
- Infant Sung Seat
- Cup Holder
- Snack Tray
- Carry All
- Cozy Ganoosh Footmuff
- Vista V2 Piggyback Ride-on-board
- Travelsafe Travel Bag (with travel insurance)
- Changing Backpack
Dimensions: Nuna Demi Next vs. UPPAbaby Vista V2
Storage Basket Weight Capacity:
Which stroller is best for my family? Nuna Demi Next vs. UPPAbaby Vista V2
The Demi Next and the Vista V2 share many common features expected from a premium baby gear brand. The key difference lies in the configurations and included accessories. The Demi Next may be the best fit for families with an older child no longer interested in riding in a stroller, but apt to hitch a ride on a standing board. It may also be ideal for twin parents who prefer to keep both babies close! The Vista V2 may be a better fit for families that are on-the-go with a lot of stuff, or need a work horse that can transport three children. If a storage basket is a double stroller necessity the Vista V2 is the way to go!
Strolleria is dedicated to making the baby gear buying experience less overwhelming for parents.