Nuna's family of baby carriers is growing!
First came the Nuna CUDL 4-in-1 carrier, launched in 2019 with an ultra-supportive, hip-healthy design that is easy to adjust and made with OEKO-TEX fabrics that are better for baby. Its ergonomic, intuitive design and feeling of comfortable safety led the Nuna CUDL to win a Red Dot Award in 2020.
Now, the all-new Nuna CUDL Clik provides parents with another model to choose from that is optimized for the elements but with the same award-winning design features as its sibling.
Both the Nuna CUDL 4-in-1 and Nuna CUDL Clik carriers grow with your little one from birth to their toddler years with adjustable modes for each stage of development.
Let's see how the Nuna CUDL and CUDL Clik compare.
NUNA CUDL 4-IN-1 VS. NUNA CUDL CLIK PRICE
With additional features like a removable pouch, buckled waistband, and removable breeze cover, the CUDL Clik is just $30 more than the CUDL 4-in-1.
Baby Carrier Price
- Nuna CUDL 4-in-1: $219.95
- Nuna CUDL Clik: $249.95
NUNA CUDL 4-IN-1 VS. NUNA CUDL CLIK MODES OF USE
Although only one model has 4-in-1 in its name, both the CUDL 4-in-1 and CUDL Clik offer four models of use as your child grows that encourage healthy hip and spine development: facing parent with infant booster, facing parent without booster, facing out towards the world, and parent-facing on your back.
Facing In / Infant Booster
Intended for baby's first few months in a carrier, the CUDL and CUDL Clik can be used with the included infant booster when your child is a newborn weighing from 8 up to 15 pounds. The infant booster setting must be used if your child weighs less than 15 pounds.
For hip-healthy baby wearing with the CUDL - acknowledged by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute as a hip-healthy carrier when used as directed - your infant's thighs should be supported from the hip to the knee joint to form an ergonomic "M" shape to minimize forces on the hip joint.
To set up the CUDL for Facing In / Infant Booster mode:
- With the shoulder and side buckles attached on one side, locate the unzipped infant booster inside the carrier.
- Zip the infant booster sides together.
Once your baby has outgrown the CUDL infant booster at 15 pounds (around 4 months old) you can deconstruct the infant booster and continue using your carrier with baby facing in, up to 30 pounds. The head support can now be used raised or folded back.
To set up the CUDL for Facing In without Infant Booster:
- Unzip the infant booster.
- Fold the long side underneath itself and secure the hook and loop along the length of the fabric.
- Tuck in the corners.
- Make sure the zipper on the short side is covered by the fabric. Both parts of the zipper should now be covered.
As your baby grows and wants to see more of the world around them and has developed more head and neck support, you can start using the facing out position from 6 months old and up, between 20 and 30 pounds.
Unique to the CUDL Clik, this model features an improved front-facing leg adjustment that creates a customized fit for smaller babies.
To set up the CUDL for Facing Out:
- Locate both the seat width strap and the seat width button inside the front fabric pocket.
- Attach the seat width button into either of the button holes on the seat width strap, depending on how much you need to narrow the seat for your child. The seat width is properly adjusted if your child’s thighs are supported.
- Fold the head support down so your child's face will be above the top edge of the carrier. The carrier is now ready for you to secure your child.
For older infants aged 9 months and up, you and your child may prefer the back carry position, which you will set up starting from the Facing In position. Since the back carry mode involves repositioning the carrier on your body while your child is in the carrier, Nuna recommends that parents practice the steps for Back Carry several times without the child in the carrier, before attempting it with your child.
Important to note, although your child can face in or out while in front of you, your child should never be positioned facing out (away from you) in back carry mode.
To reposition your child from Facing In to Back Carry:
- With your child in the baby carrier facing inward, loosen both shoulder adjustment straps (DO NOT unbuckle).
- Slide your right arm out of the right shoulder strap while cradling your child with your left arm.
- Slide your left arm under the shoulder adjustment strap on the side while cradling your child with your right arm.
- Cradling your child with your right arm, guide your child to your right hip using your left arm.
- Still supporting your child, grab the shoulder strap with your left hand and pull it down over your shoulder.
- Slightly lean forward and move your child onto your back. (steps continued below image)
- Slide your left arm up through the shoulder adjustment strap on the side while cradling your child behind your back with your right arm.
- Slide your right arm down through the shoulder strap while cradling your child with your left arm. Both shoulder straps should now be secure around your shoulders.
- Pull down on the shoulder adjustment straps to tighten. Adjust the yoke up or down vertically and side to side.
- Roll up the excess length of the shoulder adjustment straps and use the elastic loop to wrap around the rolled up strap to store it out of the way.
- Make sure your child is comfortable and securely seated in the baby carrier. Adjust the straps around your child and check to make sure all buckles and snaps are secure. Allow room for your child's head movements and keep child's face free from obstructions.
NUNA CUDL 4-IN-1 VS. NUNA CUDL CLIK FEATURES
It is easy to secure your child in the carrier with ergonomically-placed buckles at the shoulders and sides that use Nuna's Magnetech self-guiding magnetic buckles to securely and easily lock into place. Although both have highly adjustable fits for parent, with adjustable yolks to secure the shoulder straps, adjustable-length padded shoulder straps, and waistbands that fit up to 57", how the carriers secure at the waist differs between the two models.
The CUDL 4-in-1 has a waistband closure made with hook and loop material (best known by the brand name Velcro), while the CUDL Clik features a new buckle closure. The CUDL Clik's buckle waistband may be quieter than hook and loop and easier to use, because you'll only need to secure the waistband in one place whereas the hook and loop material must be secured all around your waist. Additionally, a contoured padded lumbar support is built into the waistband of the CUDL Clik, while the CUDL 4-in-1 waistband is the same thickness and shape all around.
Both models include removable, GOTS-certified organic cotton bibs that secure over the foldable and removable infant head support, and also have an integrated hood to provide sun coverage for your little one's head. Unique to the Cudl Clik, an additional breeze cover is integrated into the carrier to provide an extra barrier from cold air.
Small essentials are close at hand with the included zipper pouch. While the CUDL 4-in-1 pouch is stitched in place onto the waistband and is not removable, the CUDL Clik pouch is not only removable, but features two places for storage - a main zippered compartment, and front zippered pocket that's easy to access. When the CUDL Clik pouch is removed, it doubles as a small clutch with its included wrist strap.
WHAT'S INCLUDED WITH THE NUNA CUDL 4-IN-1 VS. NUNA CUDL CLIK
Both carriers include a set of removable, washable organic cotton bibs in off white, but the CUDL Clik also includes a set of harness covers and removable zippered pouch that doubles as a wristlet. Since everything you'll need to use the carrier throughout its lifespan is included with purchase, no accessories are available to purchase separately for either model.
What's included with the Nuna CUDL 4-in-1
- Nuna CUDL carrier
- Pair of GOTS-certified organic cotton bibs
What's included with the Nuna CUDL Clik
- Nuna CUDL Clik carrier
- Pair of GOTS-certified organic cotton bibs
- Set of harness covers
- Removable zippered wristlet pouch
NUNA CUDL 4-IN-1 VS. NUNA CUDL CLIK COLORS AND MATERIALS
With soft, OEKO-TEX certified fabrics, the CUDL 4-in-1 and CUDL Clik are ultra-comfortable for parent and baby. Finding out which best fits your needs will depend on individual comfort and preferences relating to temperature and materials.
All current CUDL 4-in-1 fabrics are made with an ultra-soft mercerized cotton with a silky-smooth finish that is soft to touch yet durable enough to withstand frequent use. While the original CUDL model includes mesh components for comfort and breathability, the CUDL Clik is optimized for warm or varying climates with all-over mesh fabrics that allow improved air flow. The included infant bibs with either model are a soft, GOTS certified organic cotton.
Best of all? Everything is machine washable whenever your Nuna carrier needs a refresh. A range of neutral, contemporary colors are available for both the CUDL and CUDL Clik.
Nuna CUDL 4-in-1 Colors
- Softened Thunder
- Softened Denim
- Softened Shadow
- Softened Hazelwood
- Softened Camel
Nuna CUDL Clik Colors
In most climates, parents will likely find the CUDL and CUDL Clik both comfortable and breathable, but in colder climates the original CUDL may run warmer given the materials used, while the CUDL Clik may be more comfortable for hot and humid climates where a little breeze makes all the difference in the summertime.
NUNA CUDL 4-IN-1 VS. NUNA CUDL CLIK BENEFITS AND DRAWBACKS
So which is better: the Nuna CUDL 4-in-1 or the Nuna CUDL Clik? Which is best will depend on your lifestyle and preferences for a baby carrier, but here are some positives and drawbacks we see in each model.
Nuna CUDL 4-in-1 Baby Carrier
- Soft, mercerized cotton exterior is silky smooth to the touch
- Zippered pouch is built in so can't be misplaced
- $30 less than the CUDL Clik
- Slightly heavier than the Clik by 0.4 pounds
- Does not include breeze cover
- Waistband's hook and loop material can be noisy and awkward to secure evenly
Nuna CUDL Clik Baby Carrier
- Lighter weight than CUDL 4-in-1 by 0.4 pounds
- Includes additional breezy cover
- All-over mesh fabrics allow more cooling air flow
- Buckle waistband is quick and quiet to secure
- Contoured waistband provides localized support at lower back
- Zippered pouch is removable and doubles as a wristlet
- $30 more than CUDL 4-in-1
- Fewer color options
Choosing between the Nuna CUDL 4-in-1 and Nuna CUDL Clik for your baby carrier is an easy one - no matter which carrier you pick, you're getting a hip-healthy carrier that is ultra-comfortable for you and baby from day one and for years to come.
The CUDL 4-in-1 is a comfortable classic that has everything you'd need for baby wearing from birth to toddlerhood. A wide hook and loop waistband, thickly padded shoulder straps, and numerous adjustments ensure the CUDL provides a comfortable fit for parent and child. It's super soft, super supportive, and available in a wide range of contemporary colors.
The CUDL Clik has new attractive features like a removable breeze cover, a storage pouch that detaches from the carrier, and - like its name suggests - the CUDL Clik is even easier to secure thanks to a buckled waistband. For parents that live in warmer climates, the all-over mesh fabrics keep you cool all day.
Strolleria is an authorized Nuna retailer dedicated to making the baby gear buying experience less overwhelming for parents.
If you have more questions about the Nuna CUDL 4-in-1 vs. Nuna CUDL Clik baby carrier debate, feel free to contact us at 480-442-9433 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shop the Nuna CUDL collection below!