With more than a dozen configurations, the UPPAbaby VISTA V2 and Cybex Gazelle S are two of the most versatile strollers you can buy—whether you're planning for the future or already have a toddler with another baby on the way.
The VISTA has been one of the most popular strollers on the market for more than decade, thanks to its ease of use, premium quality and sophisticated style.
As of 2020, the VISTA now has added competition in the Cybex Gazelle S—a newcomer offering a lower price point, a higher overall weight limit, and a unique shopping basket that nearly doubles the stroller's storage capacity.
Cybex Gazelle S
The Gazelle S is the first Cybex convertible stroller, seamlessly transitioning from a single to a double stroller for siblings or twins—with no additional adapters required.
Use the Gazelle S in single mode with the reversible toddler seat, a bassinet or a car seat from Cybex or several popular brands. Headed out for groceries or a day on the town? Move the stroller seat to the lower position and attach the included shopping basket to the upper position.
As a double stroller, the Gazelle S offers plenty of flexibility for siblings or twins, offering more than 20 configurations and a 50-pound weight capacity per seat. Add the Gazelle S Kidboard sold separately, and a third child can come along for the ride.
UPPAbaby VISTA V2
The versatile UPPAbaby VISTA V2 transforms into any stroller you need it to be, whether you're strolling with a single child, siblings or twins.
Start with one child by attaching the included bassinet, an infant car seat, or the Toddler Seat she'll use until she no longer needs a stroller. When your family grows, add the lower RumbleSeat—and even a glider board to take a third child along for the ride.
Robust suspension in the VISTA V2 frame and wheels provide smooth handling over uneven terrain, while a one-step, standing fold makes for convenient entries and exits during errands. The VISTA V2 offers a reversible seat, a height-adjustable canopy, a near-flat recline, and tons of storage space. No wonder it's one of the most popular strollers on the market.
Cybex Gazelle S vs. UPPAbaby VISTA V2 Video Comparison
Watch a video version of this comparison, reviewing configurations, folding, compatible car seats and more!
Cybex Gazelle S vs. UPPAbaby VISTA V2 Single Stroller Price
The starting price of the UPPAbaby VISTA V2 is more than the Cybex Gazelle S—mainly because it includes an overnight-approved bassinet. The Gazelle bassinet, which isn't safe for prolonged sleeping, is sold separately for $200.
But the Gazelle comes with a few accessories that aren't included with the VISTA: a cup holder, car seat adapters for Cybex and other brands, and a shopping tote that can be added to the upper position for additional storage. The double adapters are also built into the frame of the Gazelle S, making for an easier transition to double mode!
The purchase of a Cybex Gazelle S stroller includes:
- Single stroller with one seat (seat can be used on upper or lower position)
- Shopping tote
- Cup holder
- Car seat adapters for Cybex, Nuna, Maxi-Cosi and Clek car seats
- Rain cover
The UPPAbaby VISTA V2 includes:
- Single stroller with Toddler Seat (can be used on upper position)
- Rain cover for Toddler Seat
- Bug covers for Toddler Seat and bassinet
- Bassinet storage bag
Here's a look at the pricing for each stroller and accessories if not included with the stroller.
- Gazelle: $799.95
- VISTA: $999.99
- Gazelle bassinet: $199.95
- VISTA bassinet: Included
- Gazelle cup holder: Included
- VISTA cup holder: $24.99
- Gazelle car seat adapters: Included
- VISTA car seat adapters: $49.99 (although not required for UPPAbaby MESA series car seats)
- Gazelle shopping tote: Included
- VISTA shopping tote: Not offered (although UPPAbaby offers a Changing Backpack for $129.99)
Cybex Gazelle S vs. UPPAbaby VISTA V2 Double Stroller Price
However, the Gazelle could save you more if you plan to start using your double stroller in one common configuration—with a car seat in the upper position and your toddler in the lower seat.
The seat that comes with the Gazelle single stroller can be relocated from the upper to the lower position. By adding an infant car seat on top, you can prolong—or even forgo—the purchase of a second seat. You also don't need to purchase any adapters to convert the Gazelle to a double, as they're integrated into the frame.
The upper and lower seats on the UPPAbaby VISTA aren't the same size, so you can't move the upper seat (called the Toddler Seat) to the lower position. To use an infant car seat on the upper position of the VISTA, parents must purchase the lower RumbleSeat. Upper and lower adapters, sold separately, are also needed for most double configurations. See What Adapters Do I Need for the UPPAbaby VISTA? for more details.
Here's a look at pricing for both models when configured as doubles.
Cybex Gazelle S Double Stroller Price
- Stroller: $799.95
- Bassinet: $199.95
- Second seat: $239.95
- Total price with two stroller seats: $1,239.85
UPPAbaby VISTA V2 Double Stroller Price
- Stroller and bassinet: $999.99
- Second seat (RumbleSeat): $219.99
- Upper adapters: $29.99
- Lower adapters: $29.99
- Total price with two stroller seats, bassinet and upper/lower adapters: $1,279.96.
Cybex Gazelle S vs. UPPAbaby VISTA V2 Weight and Dimensions
The Cybex Gazelle S and UPPAbaby VISTA V2 are similar in size, both weighing around 27 pounds as a single and spanning the same width. As a double stroller, the VISTA weighs about 3 pounds less, thanks to a lighter second seat.
The Gazelle is about 5 inches longer than the VISTA, but when folded, it manages to be about 5 inches shorter.
Single Stroller Weight
- Gazelle: 27.7 pounds
- VISTA: 27 pounds
Double Stroller Weight
- Gazelle: 35.9 pounds
- VISTA: 33 pounds
- Gazelle: 41.3” L x 25.4” W x 43.1” H
- VISTA: 36” L x 25.7” W x 39.5” H
- Gazelle: 12” L x 25.4” W x 32.5” H
- VISTA: 17.3” L x 25.7” W x 33.3” H
Cybex Gazelle S vs. UPPAbaby VISTA V2 Weight Capacity
Both upper and lower seats on the Gazelle hold a child up to 50 pounds, while the VISTA's lower seat, the RumbleSeat, has a lower weight capacity of 35 pounds. If you have a larger toddler, you may need to seat him near you in the upper Toddler Seat, with your younger baby in the lower RumbleSeat.
You can double the Gazelle's storage space by adding the included shopping basket, which can be used in the upper position (with your child in the lower seat.)
Another option: UPPAbaby offers a Changing Backpack that can be clipped to the back of your VISTA for extra storage.
Stroller Weight Limit
- Gazelle: 6 months to 50 pounds (both seats)
- VISTA: 3 months to 50 pounds (upper Toddler Seat); 3 pounds to 35 pounds (lower RumbleSeat)
- Gazelle: 28 pounds for underseat basket; 22 pounds for shopping tote
- VISTA: 30 pounds for underseat basket
Cybex Gazelle S vs. UPPAbaby VISTA V2 Warranty
Warranty coverage can be an important factor to consider when you're investing in a stroller to last through multiple children. UPPAbaby offers an additional year of protection against defects and issues upon registration.
- Gazelle: 2 years upon product registration with Cybex
- VISTA: 3 years upon product registration with UPPAbaby within the first 90 days
Cybex Gazelle S vs. UPPAbaby VISTA V2 Configurations
Both seats are reversible on the two models, allowing your kids to face you, face forward, or face back-to-back. (The two seats can also face each other, but that configuration may lead to some kicking-related incidents).
You can attach a car seat or bassinet to either the upper or lower position of the stroller, and you can also use two car seats or two bassinets for twins.
Want to use the bassinet with your newborn, with your toddler in the stroller seat? For either the Gazelle or VISTA, it's best to use the bassinet in the lower position. If the bassinet were in the upper position, the child in the lower seat would have to face the parent—leaving only a couple inches between his face and the bassinet.
Cybex Gazelle S Configurations
UPPAbaby VISTA V2 Configurations
Cybex Gazelle S vs. UPPAbaby VISTA V2 How to Fold
Both strollers stand when folded for easy lifting into your car.
Folding the Cybex Gazelle involves a few steps: First, push the lever on the back of the seat to fold it into the frame. Then press the button underneath the handle while sliding the button on top of the handle. Use your left hand to press the trigger on the side of the frame while retracting the handlebar. Pull the handlebar down and toward you, and push the spoke into the lock.
Unlike most tandem double strollers, the Gazelle S is able to fold with both toddler seats attached in any seating arrangement. Watch how to fold the Cybex Gazelle S with two seats attached in this video:
The UPPAbaby VISTA fold only involves a couple steps: Set the stroller brake to lock the wheels. Then raise the handlebar to its highest position, and pull up on the triggers and pull the frame toward you until the stroller automatically locks. Adjust the footrest for a more compact fold.
To open either stroller, undo the lock on the side of the frame and lift it back into place. For the VISTA, you can grab the bumper bar when lifting the stroller, while the Gazelle has a handle built-in to the seat plastic.
Car Seats Compatible with Cybex Gazelle S vs. UPPAbaby VISTA V2
Both Cybex and UPPAbaby make their own infant car seats that are compatible with their respective strollers, and you can also mix and match brands by using car seat adapters.
The UPPAbaby MESA connects directly to the frame of the VISTA without any adapters. For the Gazelle, you'll need to use adapters to attach Cybex car seats, but they're included with the stroller purchase. The included Gazelle adapters also fit car seats from Nuna, Maxi-Cosi and Clek.
Adapters are sold separately for all other car seat brands compatible with the VISTA or Gazelle.
- Cybex Aton and Cloud Q series (with included adapter)
- Nuna PIPA, PIPA Lite, PIPA Lite LX, PIPA RX and PIPA Lite R (with included adapter)
- Maxi Cosi Mico Max 30, Mico 30 and Mico Max Plus (with included adapter)
- Clek Liing (with included adapter)
- Graco SnugRide 30/35, SnugRide SnugLock 30/35 (with adapter)
- Chicco KeyFit 30 (with adapter)
- Peg Perego Primo Viaggio 4-35, 4-35 Nido, Agio 4-35 Nido (with adapter)
- UPPAbaby MESA (no adapters required)
- Chicco KeyFit, KeyFit30 and Fit2 (with adapter)
- Clek Liing (with adapters)
- Cybex Aton and Cloud Q series (with adapters)
- Maxi-Cosi Mico Max 30, Mico Max Plus, Mico AP, Mico NXT, Mico, Citi, Cabrio and CabrioFix (with adapters)
- Nuna PIPA, PIPA RX, PIPA Lite, PIPA Lite R, and PIPA Lite LX (with ring adapter by Nuna or post adapters by UPPAbaby)
- Peg-Perego Primo Viaggio 4-35 and 4-35 Nido (with adapters)
Cybex Gazelle vs. UPPAbaby VISTA V2 Pros and Cons
Cybex Gazelle S
- Costs less than VISTA, depending on configurations
- Upper seat can be moved to lower position, allowing you to add a car seat on top without having to buy an additional seat
- No adapters needed to convert from single to double
- Has even weight limit of 50 pounds per seat
- Comes with additional shopping basket and cup holder
- Fold involves multiple steps, and stroller has to be manually locked upon folding
- Adapters needed for all car seats
- Bassinet is not included with purchase and is not approved for overnight sleeping
- Warranty coverage is 2 years instead of 3 for VISTA
UPPAbaby VISTA V2
- Offers premium quality and additional year of warranty coverage (3 years vs. 2 years for Gazelle)
- Stroller purchase includes bassinet (a $200 value)
- Bassinet is safe for overnight sleeping and can be used inside the home, unlike Gazelle carrycot
- Folds faster and in fewer steps and auto-locks when folded
- Canopy has more ventilation than on Gazelle
- No adapters are required for attaching the UPPAbaby MESA car seat in single mode
- Offers more color and accessory options for customizing your stroller
- Costs more than Gazelle, depending on configurations
- Upper and lower seats are not interchangeable, requiring purchase of lower RumbleSeat for many configurations
- Lower RumbleSeat, with 35-pound capacity, may be too small for some toddlers, requiring your older child to sit in the upper position
- RumbleSeat does not have adjustable footrest as Gazelle lower seat does
Strolleria is a family-owned and operated retailer dedicated to making the baby gear buying experience less overwhelming for parents. If you have questions about the UPPAbaby VISTA V2 or Cybex Gazelle S, feel free to contact us by starting a live chat, calling us at 480-442-9433 or e-mailing email@example.com.