It’s Ride of the Week time! This week we will explore the UPPAbaby Ridge and its features in greater detail!
The UPPAbaby Ridge is a jogging and all-terrain stroller designed for adventure! The Ridge goes the extra mile with features like responsive suspension, a disc brake system and a one-handed fold. And unlike other jogging strollers, the tires on the Ridge never need to be pumped up when you're on the go! Made by Kenda, a manufacturer of car tires, the rubber wheels on the Ridge are filled with EVA foam that provides durability and shock absorption without the need for inflation.
Inspired by high-performance mountain bikes, the Ridge uses a disc brake system that’s more responsive than the drum brakes seen on most strollers. Use the hand brake when slowing down or going downhill, and apply the parking brake when you’re ready to stop.
The Ridge also offers everyday uses beyond running: Take your newborn on a walk by attaching an infant car seat or bassinet with adapters sold separately, or let your older toddler join your walk by standing on the Ridge Piggyback ride-along board! The Ridge may be the perfect stroller for you if you live in an area with a lot of uneven roads or lead an active lifestyle.
Let’s take a look at its many features starting from the top down:
- Wrist strap for safety when running downhill
- Adjustable handlebar offers comfort for parents of different heights
- Includes matching water bottle holder
- Canopy includes zippered extension, phone storage pocket, and two mesh panels for ventilation
- Seat reclines to multiple positions and includes mesh panel in the seat back
- Deep padded seat includes two side storage pockets
- Advanced responsive suspension system uses coil springs adjusts to varying terrain and the weight of the child to provide a smooth ride
- Zippered storage basket includes built-in storage pockets
- Reflective details on basket and frame add visibility
- Durable EVA-foam filled rubber wheels manufactured by Kenda eliminate the need for inflating tires on the go
- Easy to use flip-flop friendly brakes; green means go, red means stop
The UPPAbaby Ridge has some unique, lesser known features and tricks too!
- The seat can come off to put the UPPAbaby Bassinet on the frame (with adapters)!
- The performance fabrics are water-repellant - great for running in all weather!
- There’s some great accessories offered including a bumper bar, snack tray, performance rain cover, bug/sun cover, Piggyback board for an older child, bassinet, and car seat adapters!
- You can lock the front wheel and use the adjustable tracker for better performance on your run. A responsive, two-stage spring suspension system provides a smooth ride by adjusting to your child’s weight and varying terrain!
- There is rubberized material on bottom of seat that protects the seat from dirt and debris
- The stroller stands when folded
- The Ridge has one of the highest seat to canopy heights of all jogging strollers - great for taller kids!
- The under storage basket is rated for 20 pounds! The largest and most accessible storage basket offered on a jogging stroller
The UPPAbaby Ridge is a great jogging stroller with the never flat tires and unique disc brake suspension system! It holds a tall child, offers numerous accessories often not seen with jogging strollers, has tons of storage, and has an easy fold! The best part - the push is incredibly effortless even when fully loaded! Let’s go running!