The Fox is a luxurious yet practical stroller from Bugaboo, the Dutch company known for strollers that look good and push even better.
Launched in October 2021, the Bugaboo Fox3 model introduces new colors and styling, as well as updated fabrics that add both fashion and function.
Bugaboo Fox3 vs. Bugaboo Fox2 Video Comparison
Take a look at the differences between the Bugaboo Fox3 and Fox2 in the video below.
Bugaboo Fox3 vs. Bugaboo Fox2 Price
Most colors of the Bugaboo Fox3 are priced at $1,299, with two exceptions: the Midnight Black/Aluminum color ($100 less) and the special-edition Washed Black ($130 more).
The Fox2 has varying price points based on the color of the frame, with the aluminum priced $100 less than the black frame. Now that all but one color of the Fox3 includes a black or graphite frame, pricing is more consistent.
Pricing for the Fox3 varies by color:
- $1,119 for the Aluminum/Midnight Black color
- $1,299 for most colors
- $1,429 for the special-edition Black/Washed Black color
Bugaboo Fox3 vs. Bugaboo Fox2 Fabrics and Materials
The Bugaboo Fox3 builds on the Fox2 with three fabric changes.
The stroller chassis is the same for the Fox2 and Fox3, and all parts—such as canopies, accessories and car seat adapters—are interchangeable between models.
The back of the bassinet now opens to reveal a large mesh panel, which provides more air flow—and a glimpse of the world—for your newborn. Simply lift a flap at the back of the bassinet to open the panel, or keep it closed when the weather is cool.
As with the Fox2, the canopy also has a ventilated peek-a-boo window for additional airflow.
Extra padding, as well as new fabrics that are softer and water-repellant, makes the stroller more comfortable.
A new harness with softer shoulder pads and straps that connect independently makes it easier to help your child in and out.
Bugaboo Fox3 vs. Bugaboo Fox2 Colors
The Bugaboo Fox3 introduces new colors for every component of the stroller, including the chassis, seat fabrics and canopy.
Bugaboo offers two versions of the Fox3: a simplified one-box stroller available in six neutral colors, as well as a build-your-own option consisting of two boxes: a base (which includes the chassis and seat/bassinet fabrics) and a canopy.
The base colors for the Bugaboo Fox3 include a new frame color, Graphite, which replaces the Fox2's Aluminum frame:
- Graphite Gray chassis with Grey Melange fabrics
- Graphite Gray chassis with Midnight Black fabrics
- Black chassis with Grey Melange fabrics
- Black chassis with Midnight Black fabrics
The canopy comes in seven colors, five of which are new for the Fox3:
- Stormy Blue (new)
- Morning Pink (new)
- Forest Green (new)
- Sunrise Red (new)
- Misty White (new)
- Midnight Black
- Grey Melange
The Bugaboo Fox3 comes in these one-box options:
- Graphite Gray chassis with Grey Melange fabrics and canopy
- Black chassis with Midnight Black fabrics and canopy
- Graphite Gray chassis with Stormy Blue fabrics and canopy
- Black chassis with Midnight Black fabrics and Misty White canopy
- Aluminum chassis with Midnight Black fabrics and canopy
- Black chassis with Refined Black Mineral Collection fabrics and canopy (special edition)
These colors for the Bugaboo Fox2 have been discontinued, so act fast if they're your favorites:
- Aluminum Silver chassis
- Vapor Blue canopy
- Fresh White canopy
- Red canopy
- Soft Pink canopy
- Taupe Mineral Collection special-edition stroller
Bugaboo Fox3 vs. Bugaboo Fox2 Weight and Dimensions
Because the chassis is unchanged between the Fox2 and Fox3 models, so are the specifications for the two strollers.
- Open: 40.9"L x 23.6"W x 34.6"H
- Folded (one piece): 18.5" x 23.6" x 35.4"
- Stroller weight: 21.8 pounds
- Bassinet weight limit: 20 pounds
- Stroller seat weight limit: 50 pounds
- Underseat basket weight limit: 22 pounds
Car Seats Compatible with Bugaboo Fox3 and Bugaboo Fox2
With the Fox3 comes the launch of a second Bugaboo car seat, the Bugaboo Turtle Air, manufactured by Nuna. Compared with the Bugaboo Turtle One, the Turtle Air is lighter and includes new features like a reclinable base and magnetic harness holders.
Also new for 2021: an adapter for Peg-Perego car seats, including the Primo Viaggio 4-35 and Primo Viaggio 4-35 Nido.
Adapters are required to connect any car seat, including Bugaboo car seats, to the stroller.
All versions of the Bugaboo Fox are compatible with these car seats:
- Bugaboo Turtle One and Turtle Air by Nuna (with adapter)
- Clek Liing (with adapter)
- Cybex Aton and Cloud Q series (with adapter)
- Maxi-Cosi Mico Max, Mico Max Plus, and Mico Max 30 (with adapter)
- Maxi-Cosi Coral XP (with both this adapter and this adapter)
- Nuna PIPA, PIPA RX, PIPA Lite, PIPA Lite R, PIPA Lite RX, and PIPA Lite LX (with adapter)
- Peg-Perego/Agio Primo Viaggio 4-35 and Primo Viaggio 4-35 Nido
Strolleria is a family-owned and operated retailer dedicated to making the baby gear buying experience less overwhelming for parents. If you have more questions about the Bugaboo Fox3 vs. Bugaboo Fox2 debate, feel free to contact us by starting a live chat, calling 480-442-9433 or e-mailing email@example.com.
Shop the Bugaboo Fox below!