Searching for a versatile stroller with the ultimate convenience and comfort - no matter where your day or life takes you?
The Bugaboo Donkey5 and UPPAbaby Vista V2 are two of the highest-quality strollers that can grow with your family. Both models have hearty tires that will smoothly roll across grass at game day, large storage spaces to keep your necessities at hand, and many configurations to fit your family whether this is your first, second, or third child! But the Donkey5 and Vista V2 do have a number of key differences—especially in how they convert from single to double.
The Donkey is one of the only strollers that expands side-by-side, which allows for better weight distribution, easier access to your kids, and more legroom and recline options for toddlers. The stroller has an included bassinet, four large all-terrain tires, and lots of carrying capacity thanks to a side luggage basket.
The Vista converts to a double by adding a second seat over the front wheels, which makes it more narrow with two on board and brings the child in the upper seat even closer to you. A large storage basket, included bassinet, and compact fold make this stroller one of the most popular on the market.
Bugaboo Donkey5 vs. UPPAbaby Vista V2 Video
As one of the only strollers that converts from a single to a side-by-side double, the Donkey is easier to push, turn, and get over curbs than many tandem strollers.
New for the Donkey5 model, a higher seat position brings your child closer to you, while a ventilated bassinet and updated fabrics keep your child cozy at every age. These and more updates add convenience, comfort, and style!
Parents will enjoy an easier fold, dozens of color combinations, and a handy quick click harness.
Watch this video for an overview of the Donkey5 convertible stroller:
UPPAbaby Vista V2
The Vista V2 is a versatile stroller that can convert from a single to double with more than a dozen configurations for one, two, or even three children.
It includes the bassinet and toddler seat to begin with, then if your family grows - your need to purchase for twins or siblings of different ages - you can purchase a second seat, second bassinet, or ride along board to accomodate your young family however you need.
Available in many fashionable colors with premium leather accents, and compatible with a wide range of accessories, the Vista is luxurious yet practical.
Watch this video to see the latest features and functions on the Vista V2 convertible stroller:
Bugaboo Donkey5 vs. UPPAbaby Vista V2 Single Stroller Price
The Donkey is at least $400 more than the Vista, depending on color and whether you’re purchasing the Mono for one child, Duo for siblings of different ages, or Twin for two infants or toddlers.
The Mono, which includes one seat and one bassinet, starts at $1,399. Add a second seat for $360, and if you have twins, add a second bassinet for $130.
The Vista V2 is $999 for the single stroller and bassinet, $1,220 for a double with two seats and one bassinet, and $1,480 for a twin with two seats, two bassinets, and adapters. You’ll need to purchase upper and lower adapters for most double configurations.
Bugaboo Donkey5 Single Stroller Price:
- Mono stroller with bassinet and rain cover: $1,399-1,629
UPPAbaby Vista V2 Single Stroller Price:
- Stroller with bassinet and rain and bug covers: $999.99
Bugaboo Donkey5 vs. UPPAbaby Vista V2 Double Stroller Price
While both models can turn into a double with purchase of a second seat or adapters, how they convert and what pieces you need differ between the Donkey and Vista.
For siblings of different ages, including two young toddlers or a toddler with newborn on the way, you'll want the Donkey5 Duo, which includes two toddler seats plus a bassinet. For twins using the stroller from birth, you'll want the Donkey5 Twin because that includes two toddler seats but also two bassinets.
Bugaboo Donkey5 Double Stroller Price
- Duo with two seats and one bassinet: $1,759-1,859
- Second seat to turn Mono to Duo: $360-400
- Twin with two seats and two bassinets: $1,889-2,028
- Second bassinet to turn Duo to Twin: $130-169
UPPAbaby Vista V2 Double Stroller Price
- Stroller with RumbleSeat: $1,219.98
- Upper adapters: $29.99
- Lower adapters: $29.99
- Second bassinet for twins: $199.99
- Total double stroller price with adapters: $1,279.96
- Total twin stroller price: $1,479.95
Bugaboo Donkey5 vs. UPPAbaby Vista V2 Weight and Specifications
SINGLE STROLLER WEIGHT
- Donkey5: 26.9 pounds
- Vista V2: 27 pounds
DOUBLE STROLLER WEIGHT
- Donkey5: 31.5 pounds
- Vista V2: 32.6 pounds
- Donkey5: 31.5"L x 23.6"W x 33-41.7"H
- Vista V2: 36"L x 25.7"W x 39.5"H
- Donkey5: 35.4"L x 23.6"W x 20.4"H
- Vista V2: 17.3"L x 25.7"W x 33"H
- Donkey5: 44 pounds
- 22 pounds underseat basket, 22 pounds side luggage basket
- Vista V2: 30 pounds
Bugaboo Donkey5 vs. UPPAbaby Vista V2 Weight and Height Limit
Since the Donkey5 second seat (the Duo Extension Set complete) is identical to the main stroller seat, when you turn the Donkey into a double your children can sit in whichever seat they like as long as they're within the 50 pound weight capacity of either seat.
For the Vista V2, the main upper toddler seat holds up to 50 pounds, but UPPAbaby makes the second seat (called the RumbleSeat) smaller and with a lower weight capacity of 35 pounds. This helps ensure there isn't too much weight over the front wheels = easier steering, turns, and getting over curbs. However, if your toddler exceeds the 35 pound weight limit of the Rumbleseat, they'll need to sit in the upper toddler seat meaning your newborn is farther from you at the front of the stroller. The toddler seat and Rumbleseat are not interchangeable.
- Donkey5: 50 pounds per seat
- Vista V2: 50 pounds toddler seat, 35 pounds Rumbleseat
Rumbleseat Height Capacity
- Vista V2 Rumbleseat: 36" in height
Seat Back Height
- Donkey5: 19"
- Vista V2: 20" toddler seat, 17" Rumbleseat
- Donkey5: 10.5"
- Vista V2: 11.5" toddler seat, 10" Rumbleseat
- Donkey5: 9"
- Vista V2: 10" toddler seat, 9" Rumbleseat
Calf Support Length
- Donkey5: 10"
- Vista V2: 10" toddler seat, 8" Rumbleseat
Bugaboo Donkey5 vs. UPPAbaby Vista V2 Configurations
Both the Donkey and Vista can expand from a single to a double stroller and can accomodate any combination of 1-2 stroller seats, bassinets, or infant car seats, plus an optional ride along board for an older third child to stand on.
UPPAbaby Vista V2 Configurations
Because the Vista is a tandem stroller with stacked seats - one closer to parent at the handlebar and one closer to the lower front wheels - there will be more limited legroom for children with long legs. The seats are close together to ensure an easy turn radius, so you will not have enough space to attach a bassinet above with the Rumbleseat below, though you can have the Toddler seat above and bassinet below, or two bassinets at once.
Bugaboo Donkey5 Configurations
With side by side seating, the Donkey has seemingly limitless configurations and recline options. Toddlers can face parent, forward, or opposite directions and be as reclined back as much as they'd like without running into their sibling's seat. Side by side configurations mean parents can easily keep an eye on both children at once, from napping newborns to inquisitive toddlers.
How to Fold Bugaboo Donkey5 vs. UPPAbaby Vista V2
To fold the Donkey5, tilt the stroller seat so it is parallel to the stroller frame, and lower the handlebar. On either side of the handlebar, press the black button and lift up on the white lever then lower the handle toward your feet.
To unfold, simply lift the handlebar up, push down to extend the front wheels, and raise the seat upright.
See the Donkey5 fold demonstrated in this video at minute mark 3:21:
To fold the Vista V2, lock the brake and raise the handlebar to its tallest setting, making sure the toddler seat faces forward. Lift up on the grey tabs at either side of the handlebar, and lower toward your feet.
The Vista V2 automatically locks when folded and stands upright. Hinge the lock inwards and lift the handlebar up to open the stroller.
See the Vista V2 fold demonstrated in this video at minute mark 3:38:
Car Seats Compatible with Bugaboo Donkey5 vs. UPPAbaby Vista V2
Both Bugaboo and UPPAbaby offer their own infant car seats, and the two strollers are also compatible with several other brands.
For the Donkey, all car seats require car seat adapters, including the Bugaboo Turtle. You’ll need the Mono adapter if you have one child or are using the Duo for a toddler and newborn, while the Twin adapter attaches two car seats at once.
- Bugaboo Turtle One and Turtle Air (with mono adapter or twin adapter)
- Chicco KeyFit and KeyFit 30 (with mono adapter or twin adapter)
- Clek Liing (with mono adapter or twin adapter)
- Maxi-Cosi Mico Max 30, Mico Max Plus, Mico AP and Mico NXT (with mono adapter or twin adapter)
- Nuna PIPA, PIPA RX, PIPA Lite, PIPA Lite R, PIPA Lite RX, and PIPA Lite LX (with mono adapter or twin adapter)
- Cybex Aton series and Cloud Q (with mono adapter or twin adapter)
If you’re using the Vista as a single stroller, the UPPAbaby Mesa V2 attaches without the need for adapters. You’ll need car seat adapters for other brands, as well as additional adapters to attach any car seat to the double stroller.
See this article to determine which adapters you might need to turn your UPPAbaby Vista V2 single stroller into a double.
- UPPAbaby Mesa V2 (no adapters required)
- Chicco KeyFit, KeyFit30 and Fit2 (with adapter)
- Clek Liing (with adapters)
- Cybex Aton and Cloud Q series (with adapters)
- Maxi-Cosi Mico Max 30, Mico Max Plus, Mico AP, Mico NXT, Mico, Citi, Cabrio and CabrioFix (with adapters)
- Nuna PIPA, PIPA RX, PIPA Lite, PIPA Lite R, and PIPA Lite LX (with ring adapter by Nuna or post adapters by UPPAbaby)
- Peg Perego Primo Viaggio 4-35 and 4-35 Nido (with adapters)
Bugaboo Donkey5 vs. UPPAbaby Vista V2 Accessories
The Donkey comes with a bassinet, stroller or bassinet rain cover, and side luggage basket for storage. Other Donkey accessories are sold separately and include:
- Car seat adapter (numerous brands)
- Comfort wheeled ride-along board
- Snack tray
- Cup holder
- Phone holder
- Travel bag
- Changing clutch
- Changing bag
- Mosquito net
- Newborn inlay
- Bassinet stand (adapters needed for Donkey bassinet)
The Vista comes with a bassinet, stroller rain cover, and bug covers for the stroller and bassinet. Other Vista accessories sold separately include:
- Car seat adapters (numerous brands)
- Piggyback ride-along board
- Snack tray
- Cup holder
- Travel bag
- Carry-all bag
- Bassinet stand
- Spare bassinet mattress cover
- Seat liner
- Infant SnugSeat
- CozyGanoosh footmuff
- Performance rain shield
- Attachable Changing Backpack
- Basket cover
- Wheel reflectors
Bugaboo Donkey5 vs. UPPAbaby Vista V2 Colors and Fabrics
The frame comes in two colors:
The seat fabrics come in two colors:
- Midnight Black
- Grey Melange
The canopy comes in these seven colors:
- Midnight Black
- Grey Melange
- Stormy Blue
- Forest Green
- Sunrise Red
- Morning Pink
- And Misty White
Additionally, there are three Donkey5 models that feature color combinations not available otherwise:
- Aluminum frame with black fabrics
- Graphite frame with Stormy Blue fabrics
- and Refined Collection in Washed Black with premium fabrics, leatherette piping, upgraded side luggage basket, and matching underseat storage
The UPPAbaby Vista V2 comes in these nine color combinations:
- Alice Dusty Pink with saddle leather
- Finn Deep Sea with chestnut leather
- Jake Black with black frame and black leather
- Bryce White Marl with chestnut leather
- Gregory Blue Melange with saddle leather
- Emmett Green Melange with saddle leather
- Stella Brushed Grey Melange with saddle leather
- Greyson Charcoal Melange with black frame and saddle leather
- Declan Oat Melange with chestnut leather
Bugaboo Donkey 5 vs. UPPAbaby Vista V2 Pros and Cons
- Equal weight capacities and identical seats as a double
- Seats can face forward, parent, or opposite directions with unrestricted legroom and recline angles
- Steers easily with weight distributed towards rear wheels
- Higher storage weight capacity in single configurations (44lbs)
- Bassinet has ventilation at sides
- Requires purchase of adapters for any compatible car seat, including Bugaboo Turtle One and Turtle Air
- More steps to achieve a compact fold
- With car seats attached, may be too wide to fit through some doorways
UPPAbaby Vista V2
- Comes with more accessories, including separate bassinet and bug covers
- Does not require car seat adapters for UPPAbaby Mesa
- Canopy is height-adjustable to accommodate a taller child
- Leg rest has adjustable angles for increased comfort
- Higher storage weight capacity in double configurations (30lbs)
- Lower RumbleSeat, with 35-pound capacity, may be too small for some toddlers, requiring your older child to sit in the upper position
- Requires purchase of upper and lower adapters for double configurations involving a car seat or bassinet
- Added weight over the front wheels as a double may be more difficult to maneuver
Strolleria is an authorized retailer of Bugaboo and UPPAbaby products dedicated to making the baby gear buying experience less overwhelming for parents.