Nuna MIXX Next vs. UPPAbaby CRUZ V2 Stroller Comparison
If you're looking for a single stroller that's well-made, reasonably-priced, stylish, simple to fold, and easy to use with a car seat or bassinet, the Nuna MIXX Next and UPPAbaby CRUZ V2 are two of your top choices.
But the choice between them is a tough one—especially now that the two strollers have become increasingly similar in price, size and features as new models are released.
We'll explain all the differences between the Nuna MIXX Next (updated in early 2021) and the UPPAbaby CRUZ V2 (updated in 2020) in this in-depth comparison.
(Looking to compare the MIXX with UPPAbaby's convertible stroller, too? Check out our UPPAbaby VISTA vs. Nuna MIXX comparison.)
First, let's take a look at each stroller.
Nuna MIXX Next
For many parents, the Nuna MIXX Next checks all the boxes: a smooth ride with sturdy wheels, an easy fold, compatibility with a bassinet and top-rated car seat, premium materials, and a luxury look without the designer price point.
The Dutch manufacturer's most popular stroller can be used from birth with its true-flat seat, a bassinet, or a car seat from Nuna's PIPA series regarded for its innovative safety and style.
Updated in early 2021, the MIXX Next model features improved suspension for a smoother ride; a smaller, standing fold; and a magnetic harness buckle that makes it easier and faster to help your child in and out of the stroller.
While inventory lasts, the previous MIXX is also available at Strolleria at $649.95, or $100 less than the MIXX Next. Learn about the differences between models in this Nuna MIXX Next vs. MIXX comparison.
UPPAbaby CRUZ V2
The UPPAbaby CRUZ got better (and bigger) in 2020: The V2 includes bigger wheels with all-wheel suspension, a larger storage basket and a more spacious seat to better fit a growing toddler.
The CRUZ V2 features a simple, standing fold; plenty of sun protection; and compatibility with a bassinet or a car seat from UPPAbaby and a number of other brands.
Nuna MIXX Next vs. UPPAbaby CRUZ V2 Price
The UPPAbaby CRUZ V2 and prior-model Nuna MIXX are the same in price, while Nuna added $100 to the price of the MIXX Next, which is $799.95.
A rain cover and bug cover are included with purchase of the CRUZ V2, while the MIXX comes with a car seat adapter for Nuna's line of PIPA car seats.
Nuna MIXX Next vs. UPPAbaby CRUZ V2 Weight and Dimensions
The Nuna MIXX Next and UPPAbaby CRUZ V2 are comparable in size and are both average in weight for a full-sized stroller.
The CRUZ V2 is about 3 pounds lighter than the MIXX Next. But the MIXX Next is more compact when folded, with a reduced length of 5 inches.
Both strollers have sturdy wheels with all-wheel suspension for a smooth ride, especially when strolling over uneven terrain like grass, dirt and gravel. The wheels on the MIXX Next are slightly larger with more all-terrain tread.
The MIXX Next has a lie-flat seat, allowing the seat of the stroller to be used from birth, while the CRUZ V2 seat is recommended for 3 months and up, unless you add the Infant SnugSeat for more head and neck support.
- MIXX: 26.8 pounds
- MIXX Next: 28.3 pounds
- CRUZ V2: 25.5 pounds
Stroller Age and Weight Limit
- MIXX and MIXX Next: Birth to 50 pounds
- CRUZ V2: 3 months to 50 pounds (from birth with Infant SnugSeat, bassinet or car seat)
- MIXX and MIXX Next: 32.7"L x 23.6"W x 45.3"H
- CRUZ V2: 37.5"L x 22.8"W x 40"H
- MIXX: 34"L x 23.5"W x 18"H
- MIXX Next: 27.5"L x 23.5"W x 19"H
- CRUZ V2: 32.5"L x 22.8"W x 16.5"H
- MIXX and MIXX Next: 7.5" front wheels; 11" rear wheels
- CRUZ V2: 7" front wheels; 10" rear wheels
Nuna MIXX Next vs. UPPAbaby CRUZ V2 Configurations
The Nuna MIXX Next and UPPAbaby CRUZ V2 share the same configurations: Both feature stroller seats that can face either direction, as well as adjustable recline and footrest options, and both can be paired with an infant car seat or bassinet.
Here's a look at the configurations for each stroller.
Nuna MIXX Next Configurations
UPPAbaby CRUZ V2 Configurations
Nuna MIXX Next vs. UPPAbaby CRUZ V2 Bassinet
The bassinets for the UPPAbaby CRUZ and Nuna MIXX Next are approved for overnight sleeping, offering a safe place for baby to sleep both in the stroller and in your home.
Both the CRUZ bassinet and MIXX bassinet are sold separately for $199.95 and $249.95.
A bassinet provides a safer and more comfortable place for your baby to rest, allowing her to lay flat on her back rather than sit slightly upright in a car seat.
Both bassinets are ventilated, allowing more air flow than the protective foam of a car seat that can make babies hot and sweaty. And both offer complete sun coverage: The MIXX bassinet includes a magnetized cover (called the Dream Drape), while the UPPAbaby bassinet includes an extendable canopy.
With their hard bottoms, both bassinets can be placed anywhere, making them convenient to bring to Grandma's house or on a weekend getaway.
Both bassinets can be used with a bassinet stand inside the home, which many parents use at their bedside in baby's early days. And both bassinet stands remain useful after the baby outgrows the bassinet: The Nuna MIXX stand ($99.95) can also be used with the stroller seat for a portable high chair, while the UPPAbaby bassinet stand ($149.95) can be paired with a fabric insert to create a laundry hamper.
Depending on the height of your baby, the Nuna and UPPAbaby bassinets can be used until approximately 6 months. The MIXX bassinet might buy your baby slightly more time in the bassinet, as it's four inches longer than the CRUZ bassinet.
- CRUZ: 25"H x 17"W x 31"L
- MIXX: 24.5"H x 16.5"W x 35"L
Bassinet Height and Weight Limit
- CRUZ: 20 pounds or until baby can push up on hands and knees (whichever comes first)
- MIXX: 17 pounds or 27"
Nuna MIXX Next vs. UPPAbaby CRUZ V2 Fold
The UPPAbaby CRUZ V2 and Nuna MIXX Next are easy to fold, and both stand when folded for convenient storage and easier lifting into the car.
Unlike most strollers that fold only with the seat facing forward, the Nuna MIXX Next folds like a clamshell with the seat facing either direction. You can rotate the folded stroller into a standing position or roll it like a suitcase for easy carrying. See how to fold the Nuna MIXX Next in this video.
The CRUZ V2 folds into a standing position, with the bumper bar positioned on the outside to serve as a convenient lifting handle. See how the CRUZ folds in this video.
Car Seats Compatible with Nuna MIXX Next and UPPAbaby CRUZ V2
Both the Nuna MIXX Next and UPPAbaby CRUZ V2 can be paired with a number of infant car seats to create a convenient travel system.
While Nuna and UPPAbaby each make infant car seats, the CRUZ is also compatible with car seats from other brands—including Nuna—using a car seat adapter. If you're considering both the Nuna and UPPAbaby car seats, check out this Nuna PIPA Series vs. UPPAbaby MESA comparison.
Car Seats Compatible with Nuna MIXX
Nuna's five infant car seats—the Nuna PIPA, PIPA RX, PIPA Lite, PIPA Lite R and PIPA Lite LX—each pair with the MIXX Next using an adapter included with the stroller.
Only the Nuna car seats fit the MIXX Next. For the differences between the five models, see our Nuna PIPA Series comparison.
The MIXX Next includes a unique accessory, the ring adapter, which makes the car seat faster and easier to snap in and out of the stroller using only one hand.
Car Seats Compatible with UPPAbaby CRUZ V2
In addition to the UPPAbaby MESA, the CRUZ V2 is compatible with several other brands with a car seat adapter (sold separately for $40-$50).
The MESA is the easiest car seat option for the CRUZ, as it connects without adapters and can be removed from the stroller with one hand using a convenient button on the top of the handle.
The following car seats are also compatible with the UPPAbaby CRUZ:
- UPPAbaby MESA (no adapters required)
- Chicco KeyFit and KeyFit30
- Clek Liing
- Cybex Aton and Cloud Q series
- Maxi-Cosi Mico Max 30, Mico AP, Mico NXT, Mico, Citi, Cabrio and CabrioFix
- Nuna PIPA series
- Peg-Perego Primo Viaggio 4-35 and 4-35 Nido
See the video below for an overview of how each car seat fits on the UPPAbaby CRUZ. While the video shows the previous CRUZ model, the CRUZ V2 has the same compatibility.
Accessories for Nuna MIXX Next and UPPAbaby CRUZ V2
Accessories don't necessarily make or break a stroller decision. But everything from a cup holder to a ride-along board can customize the stroller to your needs—and make your life a little bit easier.
UPPAbaby offers these accessories for the CRUZ V2:
- Carry-all bag
- Parent organizer
- Bassinet stand
- Bassinet mattress cover
- Seat liner
- Infant SnugSeat
- PiggyBack ride-along board
- Ganoosh lightweight footmuff
- CozyGanoosh heavy footmuff
Nuna offers the following accessories for the MIXX Next:
- Cup holder
- Snack tray
- Travel bag
- Ring car seat adapter
- Bassinet stand (can also be used with stroller seat for high chair)
Benefits and Drawbacks
So which stroller is better: the UPPAbaby CRUZ V2 or the Nuna MIXX Next? Only you can decide which is best for your family, but here are the benefits and drawbacks we see.
Nuna MIXX Next
- Seat reclines to true-flat position for infants and napping toddlers
- Folds easily with seat facing either direction
- Trolleys when folded for easy carrying
- Bassinet is longer than that of CRUZ V2, helping to extend its use
- Removable seat insert allows use of ventilated seatback in warm weather
- Ring-shaped car seat adapter makes for easy one-handed attachment and detachment of car seat
- Has slightly larger wheels than CRUZ V2 with more all-terrain tread
- Includes magnetic harness buckle to make buckling your child easier
- Requires adapters (included with purchase) to attach car seat
- No adapters are made for other brands' car seats
- Fewer color options than CRUZ V2
- No ride-along board option for an older sibling
- Slightly larger and heavier than CRUZ V2
- 2-year warranty is shorter than 3-year UPPAbaby warranty
UPPAbaby CRUZ V2
- Compatible with infant car seats from several brands, including the UPPAbaby MESA, which does not require adapters
- Easier to pick up and lift into car than MIXX due to bumper bar that can be used as carry handle
- 3-year warranty is one year longer than Nuna warranty
- More color options than MIXX Next
- Canopy slides up on frame to allow growing room for toddlers
- Includes rain and bug covers with purchase
- While seat reclines flat, footrest does not, leaving child's legs elevated while napping
- Seat cannot be used from birth (recommended for 3 months and up)
- Does not have seat ventilation like MIXX Next
- Harness buckle is not magnetic as seen on MIXX Next
Strolleria is a family-owned and operated retailer dedicated to making the baby gear buying experience less overwhelming for parents.
If you have more questions about the UPPAbaby CRUZ V2 vs. Nuna MIXX Next debate, feel free to contact us at 480-442-9433 or email@example.com.