First off, let me just give you a little background information. I have a 7 month old who is pushing 25 pounds (94th percentile) and is a picky napper. I bought this because my other stroller is way to cumbersome and I had some really tight layovers and wanted to get in and out as fast we could without waiting at the gate for my stroller. Here are the things I absolutely loved about the stroller:
1) It 100% fits with ease above the overhead bin.
2) It can fit in the isle of the airplane as well. Which really saved my back. You can literally stroll your baby to the seat.
3) If choose the black one it creates the perfect dark environment for naps. I actually bought the fancy one and loved it (eclipse version).
4) If you need to take the bumper bar off because the Overhead-bin is full, there is a pocket in the cover to hold it. The video doesn’t mention that.
5) For small babies, if you reach underneath the seat there is a cover that comes up over their feet and legs and snaps on the sides of the stroller creating a very cozy and secure feel. The video doesn’t mention that either.
6) It absolutely feels sturdy and does not collapse as other reviews have said. However, I will say the videos do not do a good job teaching you how to properly open it. You have to push the red button between the bottom back wheels all the way down with your foot until you hear a click and see a green checkmark. Here is the big key that a lot of people I think might miss…you must go on each side of the stroller and lock both sides in order for it not to collapse. You will hear clicks as you do each side.
Overall, the only real con would be the price I guess. My opinion is you can’t put a price on comfort and ease, so if you have the budget I would highly recommend it. I also really loved the design of the eclipse model. It looks super fancy for a travel stroller.
This stroller is soooo good! I love how compact it is and that it converts to a roller bag once you fold it up. That was what made me choose this over other travel strollers. Rolling is > than carrying on your shoulder for me. Also, the strolleria customer service is top notch for sure!
For the person who reviewed it was closing, you didn’t have it locked. Check out the videos online.
We love this stroller and wouldn’t travel without it. We live in two states and this has been key to surviving travel. I also love that it adjusts to all the way down so babes can sleep better. Huge fan.
This is my second review because I cannot believe this stroller is still being sold. Although it sounds like a good idea for on-the-go and traveling parents, do not purchase. We rarely use this stroller because since we bought it we realized something was off with the mechanism and the stroller closes with a bump or very light push to the handle (strollers are for pushing). Today we had to use it because we had no choice. Never again! My son was almost seriously hurt. The stroller started closing/bending as I was pushing him in on our way back from the park. It was extremely hard to get him out and safe with one hand trying to console him and the other trying to keep the stroller in place. I really hope they either discontinue this model or fix the issues, it can cause severe harm to children.
Hi Thalia, we are very sorry to hear this happened - can you please confirm below?
It sounds like the stroller was not fully unfolded before it's being used, there are a few steps you'll need to follow to unfold and lock the stroller in place for use. Can you please confirm that you have followed the steps in the user manual to set up the stroller before use?
1) straighten handlebar until you hear a click
2) unlatch frame lock at the side
3) unfold frame to open position
4) click right and left sides of frame in place
5) press down on foot lever between rear wheels until you hear a click
Here is a link to the User Manual PDF, visual instructions for unfolding are on page 3:
I would say that has good elements of a stroller, but the front wheels are too small causing the stroller to tip over very easily, the lift and lay mechanism gets ruined, open to close the sides don't click easily, open to close also not as easy as it looks, basket on the bottom is very tiny and forward opening, five point harness is a bit stiff and time consuming. positives are that its light and when closed doesn't take up a lot of space, also looks really nice.
If I had to buy again I wouldn't.